banning a traditional event??

At some point, you have to teach your kids that life is not, in fact, a fairy tale. Life is hard, and only gets harder with age.
yea but do you not think that being taught that from a young age would really hurt the child and the child wouldn't fully understand ??

Sorry for the double post dunno how to merge them

I get not taking away Santa or Saint Nick (jolly or otherwise) but that he has a tiny black helper. (Because it's not a part of my culture) is a bit weird...

I guess what I'm saying is Christmas would be Christmas, regardless of jolly red Santa, black peter or otherwise.

It would be difficult to explain to kids though.

I get not taking away Santa or Saint Nick (jolly or otherwise) but that he has a tiny black helper. (Because it's not a part of my culture) is a bit weird...

I guess what I'm saying is Christmas would be Christmas, regardless of jolly red Santa, black peter or otherwise.

It would be difficult to explain to kids though.
yea, but if it was presents from someone other than parents, then kids would be excited, and that's the way to grow up. and i mean - everyone learns eventually =] it's called learning for life xD

yea, but if it was presents from someone other than parents, then kids would be excited, and that's the way to grow up. and i mean - everyone learns eventually =] it's called learning for life xD

True. My parents didn't believe in lying to your child to get him exited. It went more like, What did you get me mom and dad? pleaseeeeeeeeee please palse aplaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. "you'll see what it comes". And the presents were always labeld, From mom, or From dad, something like that. Now on the other hand, my brothers.. They knew I'd believe anything.. XD

True. My parents didn't believe in lying to your child to get him exited. It went more like, What did you get me mom and dad? pleaseeeeeeeeee please palse aplaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. "you'll see what it comes". And the presents were always labeld, From mom, or From dad, something like that. Now on the other hand, my brothers.. They knew I'd believe anything.. XD
"True"
Um, I think you misread my post cos you have contradicted me.

. My parents didn't believe in lying to your child

well, you should sometime tell a lie in this world...

i will say to everyone:

ENJOY THE TIME NOW, THERE COMES A DAY THAT MUCH WILL CHANGE LIKE TRADITIONAL CHILDREN EVENTS, FOOD, FLAGS, PASSPORT AND PERHAPS UR LANGUAGE

Last edited:
Rly? ops lol. I thought you were saying everyone learns at some point, so why start the lie to begin with.
I meant that as the child grows up, they're realize and learn about the world for themselves, so nothing wrong with a whitelie from a young age.

question: what would you say to ur kids if christmas (or any other event) got forbidden?

Well, I for one would tell them would not say anything until the opportunity presents, or rather imposes, it self. If they didn't worry about it, I guess every thing's fine then and there was nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, I would look for other good means to kill their free time.

Don't really have kids, nor am I married for the matter, so I don't really speak out of practical experience, but rather theoretical experience as I have a minor degree in education.

Back
Top Bottom