Building a new pc, need advice "new to building"

Dark Placebo

Beta member
My good friend gave me a hand putting a computer together though i'd like a second opinion on the build i'm going with, as i don't know much about building pc's, and the same goes for my friend.

I have attached a photo of what i'm planning on adding to the pc i'm going to build, any advice is welcomed

Attachments

• 1385667_692247047453810_1310209731_n.jpg
    1385667_692247047453810_1310209731_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 20
First of all what is your target or point to building? Gaming? Normal use etc? Another thing would be a budget, what are you looking to spend as we could probably save money in certain areas over other for better parts depending on your intended use.

Well it will be for gaming & General use, Mostly Gaming, Games like World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Minecraft, Call of duty, Battlefield 3, and various other fps games, and i don't particular have a price range providing it's not insanely costly

Yeah the case i put in there was just a quick throw in, and that's what i was thinking as well just because i have a asus motherboard in my current comp and it's never sent me astray.

The main thing i'm concerned about this build is that everything is compatible, like i said i'm new to building, i think everything is compatible but it can't hurt to double make sure

Last edited:
I suggest a monitor with faster response time and 120Hz refresh rate. It will be better for games and smoothness of any animation even other than games.

I personally recommend Cooler Master cases. Internal management is really nice and it offers HDD docks.

I also see ASRock motherboards are good.

If you have future plans for SLI, make sure the mobo supports it and a 3-4GB video card to handle high details and resolutions smoothly. Video memory does not accumulate. Two cards with 2GB each do not become 4GB. I tested Crysis 3 and it used +2.5GB of video memory. If you're into heavy games like these with the highest details.

Best of luck with your build.

Are you gonna be overclocking?
That motherboard does not have OC support due to it's h87 chipset. other then that i don't have any issues with the motherboard.
It's just you can get a z87 based montherboard for the same price. It doesn't make it better. just enable OC'ing + a few extra things
IF you are not going to overclock, then you might aswell skip on that 3-party cooler. the stuck intel cooler should do fine.

I don't see an issue with that case. Personally i would have gotten something else (and more expensive). But it's not a bad case for the money.
if you like it, keep it. But check a review first. Aerocool Strike-X Advance Review | techPowerUp

There has been released an EVO version of that SSD. it's faster and should not cost much more. Check it out at least.

Back
Top Bottom