Newb here.

krisrisnerbmx

Beta member
Ok so i dont know much about computers and i need some help.
First off let me say that i am sorry if i put this in the wrong thread. sorry if this is stupid i figure it will be a pretty easy question for you to answer....
2 i bought a laptop from my friend and now he needs it back.. hes buying it for 150.. the laptop is a compaq presario cq56.
But i do graphic design and video editing and 150 isnt even a somewhat decent amount for a laptop. So are there any laptops that will be able to handle photoshop and sony vegas pro at a decent speed. it doesnt have to be new (its impossible to get a new laptop for this cheap) but id prefer to order off amazon. ive been looking at this ( Amazon.com: Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM Intel Celeron Processor B800 1.50Ghz 2GB 320GB DVDRW Win7 15.6'' (Black): Office Products ) but its got a smaller processor. which means it wouldnt be very quick would it? i dont play games at all so no worry about that. Anything else you guys can reccomend would be a ton of help! 180 would be about max because i have to have a laptop. i cant not have one. again sorry if this is stupid or anything and sorry for rambling

You can't get a editing laptop for that price. If you only have 180 bucks for a PC i would suggest buying a pre-owned desktop PC.
You get more performance for the bug that way. ofcause that laptop you are looking it is capable of editing in Vegas, but it will not a pleasant experience. especially when exporting the project to a video format. Laptops that can edit dissent in sony vegas is way over your budget.

Try 600 to 800 to start. My HP G7 cost me right at 600 out the door. Walmart is where I got mine. Stay away from the big boy electronics stores.

Here are some of the basics:
1- Desktops cost less and perform better for the same price vs laptops.
2- Editing, specially video, is better off with fast multi-core CPU's. These are not cheap.
3- Older Intel Core CPU's still do very well and had their prices go down a lot. Try finding no less than a first generation i5 750 as it is the cheapest quad Core CPU.

But really, 200 bucks won't cut it for a laptop with acceptable performance for serious video editing.

Back
Top Bottom