You own a car? Care to share?

*checks web addres* *yup still computer forums*

For a minute there I thought I got on the wrong website...LOL

Haha, this would have been good info to know earlier! We are already well into this 1.3CDTI. I wasn't on the team that selected it though. I think they picked that engine because GM is our main sponsor, and we have some good contacts very high up at GM USA. They like us, haha. I'm actually flying down there this evening for an interview tomorrow.
My main project is developing a suspension that can drop the vehicle at high speeds to reduce aerodynamic drag.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of our truck and post them up here sometime. My phone died and that had most of the pictures, so I'll grab some new ones with my temp phone.

JTD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so you have the JTD engine made by FIAT (fix it again tomorrow)

there is a list of cars aside from the Corsa that the engine is used in.
(including some cars that might be easier to find in the states?) the basic engine is going to be the same in each instance so a manual for any of those cars should suffice for the engine block alone if you're still having trouble finding the Corsa manual...

(funny how the engine choosing team wanted to impress GM and chose a FIAT engine...)

see also that the engine appears re badged as CRD in some Jeeps (again might be easier to find a manual for a Jeep than an Opel)?

I've found a couple of pages:
http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/2tkc9-need-know-time-corsa-1-3cdti-engine.html
http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/2w...ll-corsa-change-gears-50-miles-whistling.html

note the pictures.
kind of suggests that somewhere somehow there is a service box/sedre type thing that I was talking about earlier equivalent for this motor.

Maybe you could enquire a little bit more when you're at GM as to what the software is called and how you might obtain it?

I know it's a Fiat engine, but it is used by GM, and it fit our bill pretty well. We found a solution. I guess they already had ordinary wiring diagrams, they wanted some pinouts and such though. But seems like the solution has been found. There is a sort of "black box" you can buy for around $1000 that is used on most engines for dyno testing. It tricks the computer that is looking for different signals from the body harness.

My 2010 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Ute.
A lot of car owners over here underestimate the performance of these Utes.

Bit of shame Ford is pulling the plug on car production in Australia as these mighty vehicles will be relegated to history since their inception from 1960.

OBTW this ute is stock standard (unmolested) except for the Hard lid & spoiler on back.

PS: I will post up more pictures of my other 2012 Ford Ranger

Attachments

• DSCF0530.jpg
    DSCF0530.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0564.jpg
    DSCF0564.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0546.jpg
    DSCF0546.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0549.jpg
    DSCF0549.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0551.jpg
    DSCF0551.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0554.jpg
    DSCF0554.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0556.jpg
    DSCF0556.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0544.jpg
    DSCF0544.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I see you a Ford guy. Nice looking truck there. Or is that a full size pickup (dunno what it is called in English) like Toyota Hilux?

Ford is a good brand. It only bothers me that the v8 cars are underpowered compared to other brands. The CV is weaker than the Holden and the Expedition is weaker than the Yukon plus some others too. Also the A/C controls miss some important features to me.

But great cars never the less. I own a CV. The CV is underpowered, I believe, mainly because of the real differential ratio and the 4 speed gear box. The forth is an over drive gear that is so wide. As for the engine, similar cars of the same generation had more powerful engines available.

If I'm not mistaking, panther platforms; e.g. Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis, are, or were, available only in USA, Canada and Arabian Gulf countries. Not sure if it is so in Australia.

My silver Ute is rear wheel drive 5 speed auto powered by a 4 litre 6 cylinder engine.
These models also come with 4 speed & 6 speed autos and all the manual gearboxes are 6 speed.
There are turbo 6 cyl models which out perform their V8 models.

I see you are familiar with Australian cars as GMH cars were exported to middle east countries from the 1970's as they are suitable for your environment.
I'm not really a Ford person as I have owned more Holdens than Fords.

These two photos of my Ford Ranger you can class as a truck
This model is the PX XLT Dual Cab Ute Diesel 3.2 litre 5 Cyl engine 6 speed Auto

The design of the ranger is based on Ford F truck
Mazda has identical truck with same running gear but body & interior cosmetics are different.

PS: To buy a high spec Ranger there is a 12 month waiting time as they are very popular world wide, this applies to all countries.

Attachments

• small_100_1356.JPG
    small_100_1356.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 2
  • small_100_1357.JPG
    small_100_1357.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
PS: To buy a high spec Ranger there is a 12 month waiting time as they are very popular world wide, this applies to all countries.

Except in the UK where we have common sense.. . . . .

Sorry guys, these big American pickup trucks are awful.
Of course you are entitled to your opinions and I won't say their wrong but I don't agree with them.
Wasn't the Ford Pickup (is it F150) the most popular car in the states or something?

Perhaps it's a fuel thing, a big truck like that would probably cost £100 a week in petrol over here.

Back
Top Bottom