LordChristoff

Solid State Member
Hey all, I recently purchased the following:

- AMD FX 9590 8 Core 4.7Ghz Processor

- SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Motherboard

- SAPPHIRE HD 7970 GHz Edition 6GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X

- 16GB Dual Channel Corsair RAM

- ThermalTake Soprano Case

Now, the parts are all compatible but I was needing a CPU fan. And I am not good at finding them, so if anybody could suggest a good Low Budget (around 20 pounds) CPU fan that would be great. One that would fit and serve it well.

(No water cooling either)

Cheers

LordChristoff

You realize that CPU has a 220W TDP, right? Do not under any circumstance use a low budget cooler on that CPU.

As a matter of fact, the retail version of that CPU comes with a closed loop liquid cooler, I would use nothing less.

Actually I woundent go with the evo on this one go with probly the corsair h100i that thing gives off way too much heat

I think the H100 is a little overkill. The H80 will do almost as good of a job keeping that CPU cool.

Yeah the evo couldn't keep up with that cpu chip. You'd get vapor lock in the cooling tubes and it would be like nothing was there to start with.

I have decided to go with the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo Tower as it seems best for me as a cooler, I am not really a fan of water cooling as I don't trust it much, if any of you have a better fan that would be better I will use the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo Tower on another system if needs be. Also I only have a 650watt Power Supply which I know I NEED to upgrade but will it do for the time being or is it necessary? If so what wattage? Would an 850watt PSU be okay? I am not a noob with computers but would like a second opinion on the subject.

Cheers
LordChristoff

Are you kidding with that thing? The tower is no bigger than the fan. 92mm is not going to keep that hotrod cool.
If you're going with air cooling you need to spend the money and go high performance air cooling. Need more tubes touching the chip and a larger cooling tower. There's some that lay the tower flat parallel to the mother board if you're pressed for space.
Bottom line is you state you know your way around computers yet your selection of something as important as the CPU cooler says otherwise. I'm glad you dropped by here and asked us about it. But if you go off and get that cooler, you'll be back saying it's running hot or you blew it up.
The liquid cooler came with it for a reason. It gets very hot.

Heat is the enemy. You do not meet the enemy with out the proper weapons in your arsenal. In this case go with the cooler that came with it or go high performance air cooling.

No CPU cooling came with the CPU itself apart from the guide in a small black box..

AMD FX-9590 5 GHz CPU Unboxing! - YouTube

No fan what so ever.

So could you please link me a a Cooler that would serve me well... and as for the other CPU cooler, that can be used for another project. I will invest in the proper hardware needed.. and as you say. yes I may be pushed for space but I am also thinking of getting a bigger case. If a Corsair water cooling would be better, then so be it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom