Laptop Problem

I suck at laptops, but I'll give it a try relating to desktop fixes.

There are portable operating systems that can run directly from USB storage like flash sticks. If I remember correctly, some Linux OS's support that. I personally suggest a Windows portable OS as your goal is to ultimately install Windows.

Try using one of those and see if the system fully boots.

Now honestly, dunno what that would achieve, but having the portable system running could may be allow us to find something in the device manager or test the hardware in real time.

Note that I'm talking about running the OS directly from the external source, not installing it.

Try changing the hard drive time from SATA to the other option listed - probably "IDE", "Compatible", "ATA" or something similar.

Ok so I decided to swap the drive out with another one and I am now successfully installing Windows 7 and it is progressing a lot fast than last night so I suspect it is an issue with the hard drive.

You got a DOA (Dead on Arrival). If it's new, send it back and tell them it didn't work.

Wait, I'm confused.

The successful install, was is on the new HDD? or did you get the new one but did not install it yet (hardware wise) and installed Windows successfully on the current (old) one?

As for the brand new hard drive it has something to do with not wanting to format.

This is what confused me :hide:

Wait, I'm confused.

The successful install, was is on the new HDD? or did you get the new one but did not install it yet (hardware wise) and installed Windows successfully on the current (old) one?

This is what confused me :hide:

Ok Windows wouldn't install on the hard drive that I had replaced from when I had it sent away for repair but it would on another hard drive I had spare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom