Son hacked all passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

annoyedmum1

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm new here, and in desperate need of help. My 15 year old son has learnt how to hack passwords. Up to now, he has hacked my admin password, wi-fi password, my email password and I think the K9 aswell. I am at the end of my tether, and if I can't deter this am going to have to get rid of all internet devices or lock them away. I am shocked that doing something like this is so easy. Is there any way I can prevent him?

Please help me...

C

I don't think he have "hacked" the passwords. he has just obtained them somehow.
For the Wifi it's easy to see the password on a computer that are already on the wifi.
If you go to the wifi properties you can do the following.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/bkVyF.png

He might have installed a keylogger on your PC. it's a software that writes down everything you type and save it to a log file.
He can then see if you have typed in www.facebook.com and check what you have typed in after that (which is properly your password)

Agreed, I highly doubt he has hacked your password, I would say you've been had with a keylogger or some other software.

Safest bet other than a good backhand is to re-install windows on your PC and then change all of your passwords.

Hi

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate your expertise.
Now, how do I get rid of the keylogger? Thanks in advance.

C

Here is some things you can try:

Use a spyware removal tool. like this one: The Cleaner 2011 - Download
(don't know if this software is good or not. i haven't tried it and don't know if it will help)

you could try to look at the resent installations in the "uninstall a program" section in control panel.
just sort by latest installs. if you see any odd software you don't remember installing sense your son started stealing your codes.
I think most keyloggers don't show up as a "installed" software, in that case you will need to find it and remove manually.

You might be able to get the name on the software by checking the download history in your browser.
He might have downloaded the software from your computer instead of transferring it with a USB device.
If you find the name of the keylogger you can google how to remove it.

you might also find the keyloggers name by looking at the task manager under the tap processes. problem is that you properly don't know what 10% of it is anyway. so this is gonna be difficult for you. sort that list by "cpu" so you can see where the processor is using performance.

Hit that kid with a belt until he tells how he obtained the codes.

Last edited:
Sounds like either your son might have a bright future as an Information Security Professional or you're terrible at creating strong passwords.

If you want to be certain of the presence of any keylogging software, download and run HiJackThis and post the log here.

HiJackThis | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Also, look for the presence of a physical keylogger, might be plugged into the back of your computer with the keyboard plugged into that.

Agreed, I highly doubt he has hacked your password, I would say you've been had with a keylogger or some other software.

Safest bet other than a good backhand is to re-install windows on your PC and then change all of your passwords.

What happened to my post? All I suggested was sending him to military school. Lot less violent than a backhand.

When a child is hacking a parent's passwords it could be he's looking for an upper hand on that parent. Not saying she is, but married mom putzing around, or divorced mom with new love interest, or single mom with new boyfriend. He wants to put the kabash on all that. So he's reading her emails hoping to find some sort of blackmail fodder. His getting in to her email account is what is driving that train of thought. And is why I made the comment I did. "Send the little prick to military school. They'll straighten him right out"
Other wise if you leave this boy to his own devices you're begging for trouble. You gave him life! He should worship the ground you walk on. In his eyes it should be you can do no wrong. But he's not looking at you that way and you should be seriously concerned.

Just to clarify my comment on a backhand was meant as a joke, but happy for it to be removed if it has been taken the wrong way or caused offence.

But SETI I don't see any problems with your post, for what it's worth..

What happened to my post? All I suggested was sending him to military school. Lot less violent than a backhand.

When a child is hacking a parent's passwords it could be he's looking for an upper hand on that parent. Not saying she is, but married mom putzing around, or divorced mom with new love interest, or single mom with new boyfriend. He wants to put the kabash on all that. So he's reading her emails hoping to find some sort of blackmail fodder. His getting in to her email account is what is driving that train of thought. And is why I made the comment I did. "Send the little prick to military school. They'll straighten him right out"
Other wise if you leave this boy to his own devices you're begging for trouble. You gave him life! He should worship the ground you walk on. In his eyes it should be you can do no wrong. But he's not looking at you that way and you should be seriously concerned.
I'm rolling around on the floor laughing......
The OP asked for a a PC solution, not a lecture on how to discipline their child.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom