Why are my apps no longer connecting to internet !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeloader1

Beta member
So i occasionally use tor and Vuze, a torrent client. And am beginning to suspect that my isp (which im not sure who is my isp) may have blocked connections.

Is this possible ?

The problem in more detail is regarding tor it cannot establish a connection at all. Regarding Vuze it cannot connect to peers, trackers are always bad, and i cannot access internet pages using the search function through the app.

What Ive tried so far: uninstalling and re-instaling. restarting computer, reseting my router. double checking my firewall and resetting defaults, disabiling firewall and removing and re adding the apps to the allow list. Also downloading an alternative program such as Utorrent to see if it was something specific to vuze.

ive also tried bridges and followed troubleshoot issues for tor...also i cannot connect to Vuze.com, is this just me ?

...Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Some isp's block torrent traffic.

If you run a packet capture you're likely to see some fake reset packets.

Who is your ISP on the affected connection, (some ISPs are well known for doing this).

Im running through wireshark now to check...learning as i go sort of thing.

Ill have to find out who my isp is, im very rural so i doubt it will be a big provider.(just found its BT)

If the Isp has blocked torrent traffic is their a way around it ?

Last edited:
Short of calling your ISP and proving that you need the torrent traffic for legitimate, legal uses there is nothing we are allowed to say in that case. If you were downloading illegal content and they cut you off for that then there isn't much that can be done.

I agree that this thread has run it's usefullness and is going to cross the line (or may have already) into things that we aren't allowed to discuss here.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom