Laptop Problem

Well it has comeback. They replaced the hard drive and I am trying to install Windows 7 but getting a blank black screen with the cursor..

Acer Aspire....that's the problem.....really S*** tier computers. Send the damn thing back and get a new one.

You have been through 2 or 3 of these computers already.....don't that tell you something???

No it hasn't be replaced, Parts have been replaced such as the screen, hard drive and ram and you install of windows 7.

I'm still leaning towards the hard drive. Does that DVD work in another computer? Did it try to boot at all? Did it show the bios splash screen? Have you reseated the ram?

Is it set to boot from the DVD first? What if you press F12 and choose the DVD for the boot device?

Ok so I've gone into the bios and made the USB drive (Which is what I am installing from) have priority over all the other devices and the install seems to be working.

So the install is stuck on "Setup is starting..," with the circle cursor spinning around and it has been like it for the last 10 minutes. Would there be anything in the bios I need to change, I've just redone my USB that I am using to install with..

Back
Top Bottom