what do you do whit a old computer?

I don't buy complete systems ether. if i have parts that are good enough, then why waste them.

I don't see why some people see the need to have the latest hardware, I have friends who buy new GPU's, mobo's just for the sake of it or because something minor reason.

You can compare it with women's clothing.
Most of them have a great interest in what they are warring.
it has to be of specific brands even though it doesn't look better and are more expensive.

i myself only buy expensive hardware, but i know when and when not to upgrade.

I like the expensive hardware but always consult everyone here for there opinions before going any further and I only upgrade when I feel its needed or I don't have a good upgrade path.

I don't buy complete systems ether. if i have parts that are good enough, then why waste them.

I do the same as you Smart_Guy, I never sell old parts or complete machines. I have 3 machines I've gathered and rebuilt. I consider Core 2 Duo machines to still good but some people may think they are now from the stone ages..

Love this kind of thinking.

Right now I have a Radeon 3870 X2 and an nVidia GTX 480. They will have families soon. Every thing is ready for one more complete system, except for a PSU and a motherboard.

Speaking of the stone age, I also have a Cyrix 486DX4 ready system around. I dunno why I'm still keeping it. Can't let it go. 486 was the generation right before the first original Pentium. Different microprocessor manufacturers used same code names before.

You can compare it with women's clothing.
Most of them have a great interest in what they are warring.
it has to be of specific brands even though it doesn't look better and are more expensive.

i myself only buy expensive hardware, but i know when and when not to upgrade.

I like the expensive hardware but always consult everyone here for there opinions before going any further and I only upgrade when I feel its needed or I don't have a good upgrade path.

Um, good thinking here as well.

I at least skip a generation for the main parts, put deep inside of me I burn to buy every single new thing. I end up browsing shops and drooling over it.

To an employed unmarried loser like me (not generalizing, just referring to my self) money sure does seem like they grow on tries. But they really don't.

That GTX 780 looks so hot. Gotta hold back... gotta... get it... not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom