Will this be compatible?

I have to disagree with most of this. AMD makes great CPUs for the pricepoints they hit. Corsair (or Consair as you call them) has never lead me wrong. I have yet to have one of the PSU's die on me and some are 4 years old. I've never used their RAM, but I've seen a few friends use it without issue.

Never have used AMD and I never will.

amdshit.jpg

AMD's finest after a CPU fan failure.

Kingston Ram is pretty much Industry standard for RAM. Crucial Ram is very reliable too and is cheaper than Kingston. :)

I'm by no means a hardware guy (and I've said that here before) but isn't that a socket 462, which supports processors that aren't even produced anymore? Also, don't newer model AMD CPU's now have built in thermal protection?

And I'm just throwing these questions out there - they will undoubtedly lead this thread off-topic so lets be leary of getting too far away from the OP.

View attachment 1289

Kingston Ram is pretty much Industry standard for RAM. Crucial Ram is very reliable too and is cheaper than Kingston. :)

Any cpu can fry after fan failure, but now they are all protected. It's like saying you'll refuse to by any celeron ever because all they are are pentiums with defective L2 caches. It was true before, but now it's not.

Kingston as industry standard? Weird. I typically see crucial or corsair in computers when I open then...

Any cpu can fry after fan failure, but now they are all protected. It's like saying you'll refuse to by any celeron ever because all they are are pentiums with defective L2 caches. It was true before, but now it's not.

Kingston as industry standard? Weird. I typically see crucial or corsair in computers when I open then...

Now they are all protected, why weren't they way back when?. I have always used Intel and I always will. It isn't that I think Intel is better than AMD.....It's just what I use.

I haven't had a Computer H/ware failure yet luckily. I have been using PC computer for about 15 years now.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!!!

There is nothing really wrong with that build. I am just a bit set in my ways I guess. One little piece of advice though I think will make your build better....

If you have the money add one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-PC...8&qid=1381178614&sr=8-1&keywords=soundblaster

Last edited:

View attachment 1289

And I'll never drive a Bentley...

Mansory-Bentley-Continental-GT-crash-russia-wreck-fire-3.jpg

They just can't stand up to fire.

Yea... that's exactly how you sound.:rolleyes:

See, the truth is (and you can look this up, facts and all) AMD chips started as Intel chips... they carry with them the same architecture. What? Blasphemy!

No, see back in the day, Intel saw an Anti-Trust lawsuit coming in the future, so they gave their chip design to another chip manufacturing company... AMD.

I've seen Intel chips burn up just like I've burned up AMD chips. One picture on the internet proves nothing... just as I posted above.

Last edited:
Now they are all protected, why weren't they way back when?

Last post and it's simply to answer the question: because the technology didn't exist. Even early Intels didn't have it. CPUs that can self-monitor and then throttle/shut down when over-heating is a repetitively new thing when you look at how old the concept of a CPU is.

Most of that stuff is good. Gigabyte....excellent m/boards(and Asus too are great).

Intel, Of course. AMD = bad....very bad.

Asus make good videocards.

Now the Bad.......

Avoid Consair.......Their stuff is GARBAGE. I now of enough people who have had serious problems with Consair components.

For instance, I know of some who used a Consair PSU for his build.....It went on fire as soon as he turned it on.

Also buy Kingston RAM.......It is reliable and has a good reputation. It might cost more but it is money well spent.

I also personality use Seagate H/drives over Western Digital. Seagates are most reliable from my own experience.

Overall though that is a good build.

I have to agree with celegorm AMD makes great CPUs as I like to call them "budget CPUs" they have very good price to performance. Now the Corsair stuff I have to strongly disagree with you, they make quality stuff very reliable not sure how this person managed those freak accidents but I have yet to have any issues with their products and half my computer is built around corsair parts (Ram, PSU and CPU cooler).

Ok, here's my feedback despite the fact that OP posted once then disappeared.

1) I agree with everyone's sentiment of going with a Haswell over Ivy Bridge because Ivy Bridge is a dead platform. with no upgrade path. This is assuming that you want to stick with the Intel platform. If you want to go AMD, I recommend the 990FX based motherboard and pair it with either an 8320 or 8350. Those chips overclock like a demon, but make sure you have good cooling as they can get hot.

2) The 32GB SD card looks out of place. Warrants me asking what's up with it?

3) 650 Ti or 660 Ti? I don't think you can SLI them. Someone else can confirm or refute this. Either way, go with the 660 Ti in a single card config and use the extra money towards an SSD.

I'm in favor of Kingston RAM. Personally, never had any compatibility issues with it.

660 Ti's can be SLI'ed by design provided that the system can handle it. 650 Ti's are not.

I'm not that knowledgeable with Haswell. What is an upgrade path? My English is failing me again.

So, where is Mr./Ms. OP?

Back
Top Bottom