Something Free?

Openoffice.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Google drive is a pretty terrible way to view MS office files. The most compatible program (for just viewing) would be the official Word viewer. (link) If you want a full-featured office suite, try libreoffice. (link) This supports microsoft office files, however the rendering isn't always perfect.

I haven't used libreoffice. Alot of people have told me it's good. I use Open Office myself although I don't do much typing out letters n stuff.

Libreoffice = openoffice.

On 28 September 2010, several members of the OpenOffice.org project formed a new group called "The Document Foundation". The Document Foundation created LibreOffice from their former project in response to Oracle Corporation's purchasing of Sun Microsystems over concerns that Oracle would either discontinue OpenOffice.org, or place restrictions on it as an open source project, as it had on Sun's OpenSolaris
LibreOffice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could also get a free MS Skydrive account that would allow you to open and edit MS Word and Excel files with better compatibility than Google Drive.

Last edited:
Kaiser:
even though it's funny, Bill gates actually never stated that it would be enough for all time.

No, OpenOffice does not = LibreOffice. It's true that LibreOffice broke off from OpenOffice but the two are completely separate office suites. LibreOffice has snce become the dominant open source office suite.

Not what I meant, in the literal sense...

I can tell you that for the average home user, they won't notice the difference. The menus are all in the same place, the icons are almost identical, it's pretty darn close on the user end. (Unless something has changed recently - I haven't used either in probably over a year).

Kaiser:
even though it's funny, Bill gates actually never stated that it would be enough for all time.

No he never said EXACTLY that. Microsoft have seriously lost their way as a company since they released Windows Xp. They haven't made a decent MUST HAVE product or piece of software since then.

well, i like windows 7.... for the most part.
visual studios is also great. the xbox is VERY popular among online console gamers.
the surface tablet is no doubt a good tablet.

but yeah i will agree that they are kinda going down hill.

Back
Top Bottom