New quad toys

It is trust me. I'm about to pull the trigger on my Visa to get more batteries and some carbon fiber props. I'm also looking in to modding the antenna system for the receiver to go with a router like antenna. The one that's OEM is a simple coax wire run out of the equipment bay and terminated outside. I'm thinking of rerouting that to a panel mounted jack for it mounted in the under carriage. Screw in a mid-sized router antenna and it should be able to hear the signal better.

I don't know much about them, but would that screw up the weight or balance at all?

Also thanks for the motion sick warning...still about puke my guts out...j/k but it wasn't the smoothest thing I've ever watched.

The plastic blades that come with it have a tendency to flex when stressed. This robs performance. CF blades are more ridged delivering smoother, meaning less vibration, thrust by not flexing. CF blades weigh about the same as the plastic versions.
With more efficient props and taking in to consideration the insanely popular GoPro series of cameras, more are taking to the air and shooting remarkably clear and pro quality videos.

Man I tell you what. This just keeps getting better and better. Now I have a lush grass field to fly in. That means a crack up won't be too bad. This is Johnson grass cut to 6 inch height. Pretty soft to walk in too.
Ok so I found my way out to it again today for the second time and did this >
attachment.php

The sundog covered it up at altitude so I had to grab a screenie a little later. That looks like 500 or a little higher. I'm looking in to a real time altimeter. It's a data package that has software that comes with it. The software let you over lay the real time flight data with the video you shoot. Like this guy did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDkY1IuJIZM
YUP!!! I'm hooked.

Back
Top Bottom