Random Chit Chat

AHEM! Better than anime? Geeze, did you not watch Ghost in the Shell? You're putting Batman, of all things, above anime classics? Batman is a cartoon. World of difference in anime and cartoons. Anime, that is of a higher standard, has deeper story lines and could take a year or two to tell the story. Cartoons are so predictable and have a real short time to tell the story from beginning to end. From 30 mins to maybe 90 to 120 mins in a feature length movie.
Batman is a social misfit suffering from PTSD after seeing his parents gunned down by one low brow, knuckle dragging criminal. He's so traumatized he develops a schizoid alter ego. Hell, even Alfred thinks he's nuts. He's got his friend and Wayne Industries contact, Fox, lying and stealing company property to fuel his hardware needs.
He's taking his rage induced idea of revenge to a whole "out there" level. He's nothing more than a crazier than a shit house rat, psychotic, vigilantly. You can't go around, no matter who it is, and beat the f**k out of some one, then hang them from a metal cable 20 stories in the air, with out some repercussions. No one is above the law, including him.
What makes him a hero? He's delusional. The only way is his way. He needs help.

Last edited:
Point taken.

Sorry to hear that. Dunno what to say, but God bless you.

Try telling them to at least not talk about it in your presence or on happy occasions of family gathering and it is okay to keep believing what they want.

Try not to take it too seriously and bother yourself with it. Just act like you never heard it and enjoy the occasion. Ain't easy I know but try to adapt if things are always like this. Everyone have similar problems. Wow, I'm a doctor now :)

Eh. It's not something that I really have to worry about anymore. As I said before, their hatred kind of got directed at me, so I ended up cutting off all the bad ones (or they cut me off themselves.) I guess I was never really close with my extended family, but it really hurt to lose my father and brother that way. I've mostly moved past it by now though.

Where they distinguished as Palestinians and not Israelis? (just putting possibilities here, nothing against Israeli civilians)

Anyway, this is bad. Muslims have enough bad reputation already as it is.

Definitely Palestinians. I don't remember all the info, but the specific group was identified and everything.

I c. I had some hope there. Lets hope it stays as thoughts only. Lets have some fun; watch this video with attempts to burn free Qura'ans:
free Qurans to burn for "Burn a Quran Day" - YouTube
Don't worry, it is not offensive.

That was pretty good. I really didn't expect him to pull that out of the box.

The older ones I believe. They stick more to traditions.

It has more to do with how isolated their community is. The ones with very little outside contact are where it's usually the strongest.

I'll sure give it a try. Thanks for the recommendations.

No problem. Let me know if you ever want more recommendations.

Have a quick look. You might like it:

Batman: Year One Clip - YouTube

DCAU: Batman & Red Hood Vs The Fearsome Hand of Four - YouTube

Action on these is way much better than in anime. Smoother and real, not just flashes and screams.

Yeah, that's not really the type of show I enjoy, but you're right about the action being well animated.

Last edited:
This morning weather.com which is the weather channel's web site predicted a storm front would move through around 8am local time. I checked the radar feed and went on to bed. Boy did they muff that forecast. It was booming so loud it woke me up. The time was 5:45am. No rain yet just a lot of boom boom boom. Couldn't even see the lightning yet. I got up and put my GoPro in it's water proof case and set it to do time lapse. 1 shot every 5 seconds. I threaded a piece of parachute riser cord through the mounting bracket, tied a big knot in it, and hung it off the back door. The other end was tied to the inside door knob. The sky opened up and I closed the door.
I pulled it back in about half an hour later and took a look at the pics.

First one is what it looked like out back with the building and yard lights on. Raining pretty good I might add.
attachment.php

5 seconds later and you would have sworn it was broad daylight.
attachment.php

5 seconds after that shot it was back to being dark. Storm's overhead now.
attachment.php

I took the camera and went out front under the canopy and just watched for a few minutes to see which direction it was going in. Switched from time lapse to video mode and started it up. The case still had the camera in it all nice and dry. As for me, I was soaked to the bone.
The next pic is a screen shot taken from the vid using the GomPlayer screen shot feature.
attachment.php

GoPro... It's not just for sports and flying.

That's pretty cool, seti. We didn't get anything like that in Baton Rouge. Just some rain. It actually got cold after. I think the low tonight is 12C. Felt so good, I just went and walked around for a couple hours. It's so nice that summer is actually ending. Can't wait until I can actually start doing bike tours again.

Last edited:
Good job seti. nice to see what the go pro is capable of.
i want one someday. currently i am a little short on money sense i have been doing some purchases lately.

AHEM! Better than anime? Geeze, did you not watch Ghost in the Shell? You're putting Batman, of all things, above anime classics? Batman is a cartoon. World of difference in anime and cartoons. Anime, that is of a higher standard, has deeper story lines and could take a year or two to tell the story. Cartoons are so predictable and have a real short time to tell the story from beginning to end. From 30 mins to maybe 90 to 120 mins in a feature length movie.
Batman is a social misfit suffering from PTSD after seeing his parents gunned down by one low brow, knuckle dragging criminal. He's so traumatized he develops a schizoid alter ego. Hell, even Alfred thinks he's nuts. He's got his friend and Wayne Industries contact, Fox, lying and stealing company property to fuel his hardware needs.
He's taking his rage induced idea of revenge to a whole "out there" level. He's nothing more than a crazier than a shit house rat, psychotic, vigilantly. You can't go around, no matter who it is, and beat the f**k out of some one, then hang them from a metal cable 20 stories in the air, with out some repercussions. No one is above the law, including him.
What makes him a hero? He's delusional. The only way is his way. He needs help.

Hi there Ma'am/Sir :D

Have you seen the latest animated Batman movies?

I've seen GitS, as well as Samurai Champloo, Samurai X, Grappler Baki, Basilisk, Ninja Scroll the movie... and many more. Great Shows, but being great as they are, NON of them has the action WB (Warner Bros) gives on their shows.

Don't get me wrong, anime is awesome I know. It has so many things cartoons don't (I'm not talking censored and innocent cartoons btw), but on the other hand, those so called cartoons have their own things; fast action, clear view, balanced depth of story and better common sense. Well, no show has real common sense, but it's gradual, if you know what I mean. And I admit, cartoons only reached a worthy level for me lately. Anime was good way before that.

No one's above the law? We are talking anime and cartoons here. Same thing to anime. Also, to me, quality is more important than quantity. A single movie or short stories that take 2-3 episodes to covers a sub ark that make my day is much better than movies that should be 30 mins while takes 90 mins or a series full of completely unrelated fillers and life stories between every other attack.

Batman is all what you said, but it's okay, I just wanna see real fighting not just screams, flashes and kicks or punches that reach the target after two episodes :facepalm:

Have a look at the action on those links I provided. Please, recommend anime with similar action. Really, I spend hours looking for that. Almost all new anime disappoint me to death in the action department. too bad Attack of the Titans ended.

Friends? :flowers:

Breaking bad is worse then Family guy, And I truly hate family guy... If you guys want something funny, watch the Big bang theory, its pretty good, minus sometimes they over do it with sexuality.. Or How i met your mother. It's actually pretty funny. Bones and The mentalist are probably my only crime show series that I even remotely like.

Why are we all talking about movies anyways...:whistling:

I'm not into comedy live action TV series. My type is everything but comedy and police/crime and similar. I loved Spartacus, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and some others I don't recall. Family Guy and other similar animated shows makes me sick :nonono:

Eh. It's not something that I really have to worry about anymore. As I said before, their hatred kind of got directed at me, so I ended up cutting off all the bad ones (or they cut me off themselves.) I guess I was never really close with my extended family, but it really hurt to lose my father and brother that way. I've mostly moved past it by now though.

Seems I have opened old wounds. Really sorry.
Lets stop at that and enjoy CF.

Definitely Palestinians. I don't remember all the info, but the specific group was identified and everything.

Well, just as parts of the west have wrong ideas about the ME, Palestinians probably do too. They think that USA is completely bad because of the huge financial support for the Israeli army. Besides, many of them are neither well educated nor brought up properly to give appropriate judgement. Lack of knowledge maybe. Ever since the occupation started I guess. Many of them come here to KSA looking for jobs running away from their own homes.

That was pretty good. I really didn't expect him to pull that out of the box.

Check out the other clips on his channel. Funny guy. Newer clips took a curve of seriousness however. He's one of my Facebook contacts.

No problem. Let me know if you ever want more recommendations.

Cool, thanks.

What I'm mostly looking for is something with fast paced action. Not fast like too many punches in a second like Dragonball TV series, but something like Samurai Champloo and Samurai X (Kenshin) OVA's. Yup, as you noticed, I love samurai, ninja and martial arts stuff.

Yeah, that's not really the type of show I enjoy, but you're right about the action being well animated.

I do hope that one day Japanese and Western works take the good parts from each other. It happened, but not how I wanted it. Batman, TMNT, X-Men, Wolverine and some others were adopted to anime, but they were short and shallow.

@ BK-123
Good luck with that. The government here is still shut down so things are a little nuts.

@ BikerEcho
With the release of the GoPro 3+ maybe the price of the GP white version will drop off a bit.
@ foothead
I see you're still having issues with your family. You remember what I told you?
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations nor are you here to live up to mine.
You do your thing, and I'll do mine".

In other news...
I finally got the Phantom hooked up to the diagnostic software. It was unable to hold a GPS hover. Kept bobbing around. It recommended upgrading the flight controller firmware to version 4. So I did that. Then it says go get the default settings update and import that to the flight controller. Did that. Next calibrate the transmitter to the receiver. Did that. All this time there's a triangle with ! in it alternating red and yellow. I click on it to get the error message. The GPS didn't get a lock and the compass is sitting in a strong magnetic field. Well duh on the GPS part. I'm indoors. But I'm uncertain about the compass part. Until I see the compass mounted on the leg is sitting right next to the voice channel speaker. That explains that.
Looked at the props again as I had planned to change them out. First set was pretty chewed up along the ends. I haven't crashed it but collisions with bugs like the dragonflys around here take its toll. I had to pull them off anyway cause sometimes the upgrade process makes them spin up.
So fresh props, upgraded firmware, and a fresh charged battery later, it's out the back door and a test flight. I let it go through the warm up cycle then put it in compass calibration mode and did the spin around. No problems there. Rebooted just to be sure.
It was cold to say the least and the wind had picked up. Strong gusts.
It went thourgh the steps in the warm up letting me know by the LED light colors and patterns what it was doing. A series of rapid green blinks indicating home position GPS lock and we were ready to rock. Normally you pull the sticks back toward each other to arm the speed controllers. Keeps you from getting your hand chewed off while working on it live. They spun up faster than before so I just let it sit there for a minute. They settled down finally and I goosed the throttle. It shot right up to about 25 feet or so and sat there. The wind was really screaming by then. It just sat there. Didn't move. Just sat there. I had the biggest grin on my face. Finally it was flying like it was supposed to. I think the fresh set of props and the firmware update got it like it was supposed to be. Motors sure quieted down a lot.
Now I can park it somewhere and let the camera watch me fly my little quads. That'll be fun.
I'm good...

Last edited:
I see you're still having issues with your family. You remember what I told you?
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations nor are you here to live up to mine.
You do your thing, and I'll do mine".

I pretty much gave up and moved on. We clearly weren't going to be getting anywhere soon. It had reached the point where my father was just making things up to destroy my credibility. I finally had enough when he kept accusing me of being a rape victim. It's just not worth trying with someone who's that far gone.

I pretty much gave up and moved on. We clearly weren't going to be getting anywhere soon. It had reached the point where my father was just making things up to destroy my credibility. I finally had enough when he kept accusing me of being a rape victim. It's just not worth trying with someone who's that far gone.

Wow that is pretty bad. That is pretty low. Well Foothead its good that your cutting people it out of your life after you've tried time after time again with and won't try to make things work, Don't let them try to get to you or get you down as that's what they want you to feel.

Back
Top Bottom