Graphics card any good?

The fact it didnt quote Memory type, i looked into the manufacturer, its only DDR5 memory, for better performance i would go with GDDR5

"Thanks, I didn't actually no there's a difference between DDR5 and GDDR5"

Im not sure wot jake is getting at here? But there is no such thing as DDR5, DDR3 is the newest and that relates to system ram.

It is GDDR5 that is graphics ram.

But there is no such thing as DDR5, DDR3 is the newest and that relates to system ram.

It is GDDR5 that is graphics ram.

DDR5 exists but no motherboards support it yet. Three types of GPU RAM DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5. GDDR5 is the fastest of those three (usually GDDR5 is 5x data rate whereas DDR3 is only 3x). The G is supposed to signify that its designed for GPU's, but generally there not a huge difference as i said.

cough... cough ..... said PS4 uses DDR5 which is unified memory for the cpu and gpu.

Last edited:
Sorry jake but DDR5 simply does not exist. they are currently working on DDR4 and believe it will be released later this year..[/url]

As said:

DDR5 exists but no motherboards support it yet

DDR4 has been around for ages (2011), just no mobo manufacturer has supported it, nor has there been a processor capable of harnessing it.

Until now: Intel Haswell-E to bring DDR4 and Octa-core CPUs | ModCrash
Which is why crucial have it up on there website.

The arguments pretty pointless, im not 100% sure there is a difference, i cant find no concrete proof online. Just speculation. So i will hang my coat up now, but i would rather point it out, because someone somewhere has had to type it.

Back
Top Bottom