HELP selecting a device please

Gaius

Beta member
Hi everyone, I'm having a lot of trouble at the moment deciding what to purchase for school and casual use. My options at the moment are the Acer W510p Tablet or the Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51-CBIL. It's obvious that the ultrabook has ten times the amount of memory and power as the tablet, but I need to use it mostly for reading and writing up papers, while occasionally listening to music or watching videos online. Both are around the same price range for me. The tablet will come with a keyboard dock giving it around 14 hours of battery life, but will it slow down once I start saving some of my papers and adobe files? (It only has 64 gb of storage, while the ultrabook has about 500). I don't need something to completely replace my main laptop right now, just something I can carry around with me.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you already have a laptop you are happy with, and it still doesn't do it for you. then maybe a tablet isn't such a bad idea. personally i would have picked the Zenbook, but my needs are properly different from yours. still when you say it comes with a keyboard dock it kinda defeat the purpose of a tablet (when not taking Microsoft keyboard cover into a count) but it's really only you that can know exactly what you need.

The Tablet should not slow down when you have installed some apps and stored some files. the tablet uses a flash harddrive. It's performance is less effected by storage as a spinning physical drive is. The zenbook also use flash storage (another type of flash storrage, but still not a physical spinning drive)

Thanks, that was actually extremely helpful compared to most advice that I have received before. Its slowing down was my main concern. I think the tablet is much more effective for me since having the portable screen and and extended battery life is my primary concern.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom