Random Chit Chat

Got my altimeters today. Wasn't due in till Monday and I ain't complaining.
At any rate, it's from Estes rocket. Cost is 39.99usd. I nailed 2 of them figuring sooner or later I'd break one.
attachment.php

This shot shows it's size as compared to a GoPro camera.
attachment.php

The display is rather small but clear and easy to read. Using the button to step through the settings you can set it for meters or feet. Also getting to the stored info and clearing out all data. It can store 10 flight files.
attachment.php

On the side of the unit is a tiny recessed power switch. You will need something small to reach in and move it.
attachment.php

On the back is the battery compartment. It has a very tiny phillips head screw in a "you can't loose it" sort of arrangement. The barometer sensor is right above the screw. FYI> It must have open access to the air to get a reading. The stated resolution is 1 foot.
attachment.php

Speaking of battery, it runs on this oddball 6 volt. The instructions have different battery part numbers and where to get them. For those of us in the colonies, it says Radio Shack has them.
attachment.php

Come quitting time at the worlds largest open air insane asylum, I'm going to put it to the test.

Last edited:
that's very nice. can it display the height in meters?

i am also thinking about getting an altimeter. But that is more for parachuting. my second jump is gonna be at 12 October
so i am looking for something like a wrist watch. i think it's gonna be a good X-Mas present.

that's very nice. can it display the height in meters?

i am also thinking about getting an altimeter. But that is more for parachuting. my second jump is gonna be at 12 October
so i am looking for something like a wrist watch. i think it's gonna be a good X-Mas present.
Ahhh, good luckx) !! I know this is random but: were you scared the first time you parachuted ?

thanks ^^
actually not so much. (i would lie if i didn't say i was a little scared) the parachute ejected automatically. so the thought of that helped my nerves. i have to have 5 jumps with an automatic ejection before i get to eject it on my own. that's the law here.
my adrenaline was pumping a lot though. it was a very good day :)
i actually had a little ruff landing. i had to make a slight turn very close to the ground (i was too close to some bushes). so i gained a little extra speed. i hit my a¤¤ a little hard because of it. didn't hurt much, but i could feel it the day after :lol:

Back
Top Bottom