Files In Folder Weren't Showing

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi guys. So yesterday I was at college and had my external hard drive plugged into one of the computers and I looked in my folder of games and nothing was showing up. So when I got home I plugged it into one of my desktops and everything was showing fine and on my pc where I do my IT course everything was showing fine aswell.

Why would this have happened?

exe, iso, anything that could be used to install software (read-viruses) is generally blocked on large networks with sensitive data (like a college). It's just to save the techs time and effort of having to redo something because someone screwed it up by installing software or viruses.

Yes I discovered that in high school. The education department where I live has it so the dept controlled pcs so you can't download straight to your network drive which I don't use and trust and my classroom PC where I do my certificate course isn't controlled by dept which is good, It's controlled by staff and they control the network but have to use the depts proxies but we aren't limited to what we can do software wise but we aren't allowed to open them up as they are new this year. But back to the topic at hand I checked the folder at college and everything was showing fine.

:lol:
Well I didn't really understand much of that last post....but if it's working then we're good.

Some network clients (such as Novell) are integrated into most system services and operations which offer advanced restriction settings.

Fortunately for me when I was in college, our server admins didn't seem very advanced.

Back
Top Bottom