Cortex

cortex is an ARM architecture mostly used for mobile CPU's.
an example for a Cortex architecture is Cortex A15 and Cortex A7.

So is it like a remote computing system, something that allows someone in the field to use the same system as someone in an office?

Hi, and thanks for helping me out. The reason I am asking about this is because I see in career opportunities, experience with Cortex and APPAC. I know that APPAC is a DOS type accounting system and have years and years ago worked with such..... so is Cortex a system of the past or is it new technology that I should be up to date with?

Lorie

I don't imagine that this is the same thing... Cortex (chip architecture) doesn't have much to do with Accounting so for those to exist in the same context, I believe the employer to be asking about a similar accounting type of program or system.

Best advice (IMHO) is to be honest about your experience with the systems. If asked in an interview what experience you have with Cortex, be honest and say something like "The only time I've heard of the term Cortex was in reference to a processor architecture, so I believe you may be asking about something I'm not familiar with, what is Cortex?" and put the question back in their court. When they explain, you can then have a prepared response already of "Sounds interesting, I would love to learn..." and so on.

LOL.... thanks.

It wasn't that I was trying to pretend I had experience or knew a system which I did not. I was avoiding the application to work for this company because of what I believe to be a very old operation, which probably works just fine for them, but not sure I want to go backwards. Think I will most likely decline this one.

Thanks again for your help!

:) Wasn't making any assumptions, just some advice as I've conducted more interviews then I care to remember lol

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom