Which laptop would be better for gaming?

yoshi2132

Beta member
Ok, Im looking for a laptop that is "good" at playing games at medium graphics, and is prices at under $800.

I have currently found an computer that has

Brand: Acer
Model: V3-771G-6814
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Memory: 750 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT730M, 4GB
Intel Core i5 3230M(2.60GHz)
Price: $739.99

and also have found another with

Brand: Toshiba
Model: S75-A7221
Ram: 16GB DDR3L
Memory: 1TB
Graphics card: Integrated :(
Intel Core i7 i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz)
Price: Currently on sale st $799.99

I'm a newbie at computer specs and what you need to play games with better graphics, which one would be better?

But the toshiba has 16GB of ram, and the acer only has 8GB + 4GB dedicated to graphics. wouldn't the toshiba have them more ram in total?

The Toshiba only has Mobile Intel HD Graphics whereas the Acer has GeForce GT730M which is way better than integrated graphics.

But the toshiba has 16GB of ram, and the acer only has 8GB + 4GB dedicated to graphics. wouldn't the toshiba have them more ram in total?

RAM doesn't matter nearly as much in gaming as the video card. 8GB will be plenty.

The VRAM and RAM are 2 separate entity's. You will most likely never need the full 8 GB of Ram. Also the Acer has Dedicated graphics which integrated graphics will not compare to. The 4 GB of VRAM will out weigh the integrated laptop as well as you will have a smaller hard drive (only by 250 GB) so this will be an easier load on your computer. The Acer is the ideal gaming computer in this situation.

I'd go for the Acer still as your getting a total of 12GB ram and remember like Jmacavali said when it comes to gaming the video card is more important than the ram.

Back
Top Bottom