Webpage design for a network location?! Can this be done?!

claireford

Beta member
Hi Everyone

I have done a little bit of website design for my partner for our online store and have recently been asked to redesign the website for my workplace. The only problem is I work in a department of a hospital so the 'website' is in fact an address available on a local network rather than an online address. It has been constructed via word documents converted to html and as such is pretty basic and not that easy to modify and customise. I would ideally like to use a webpage design program to build something with a more professional appearance.

My question is can I use web page design software to build a site which is only available on a network rather than online? If so, any suggestions / limitations of use?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Yes you can do this without any problems.
There are some limitation though depending on how much setup you want to do.

If you want just a very basic HTML, CSS (and I think JavaScript) website then you can simply create it stick it in a network folder and anyone will be able to browse to it and it will work fine.

If you want some functionality like PHP or .net then it will need to be hosted on a local server. I say local server most machines nowa days are shipped with a copy of Windows which has IIS installed which should cover all of your local hosting needs.

Back
Top Bottom