Your Next Smartphone/Tablet?

I stayed with 7" tablets because I feel that 10" tablets are too big. If I'm going to carry something that big around then I'd rather carry my netbook. The 7" tablet is much more portable.

GhostGT:
If the 7inch size is ok for you, then it's properly the most value you get for your money right now.
i'll still go for the Nexus 10 version 2 if i had to get a tablet. Bigger and better :D

I definitely agree that the 7" offers the most value, especially for $229 brand-new from Google. At the same time, however, an extra $100 to $150 may be worth it for the Nexus 10 2. I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra dough for a long-term toy.

I stayed with 7" tablets because I feel that 10" tablets are too big. If I'm going to carry something that big around then I'd rather carry my netbook. The 7" tablet is much more portable.

Good point, but I don't plan on carrying around either one. I'm mainly purchasing the tablet for home/recreational use, so it'll stay in my living room and bedroom 90% of the time.

To be honest, I wouldn't carry around the Nexus 7 if I had one. It doesn't seem to have any real advantages compared to my GS3 for daily use (work, school, etc.).

I believe my next phone will be the Nokia Lumia (something....). I want the 1020, but not sure I want AT&T.

What are the windows phones like?

They're not bad. The newest versions are good contenders (not great, but good) against Android and iOS. If you don't care about having the latest apps and games, the WP8 OS is pretty neat, clean, and easy to use.

They're not bad. The newest versions are good contenders (not great, but good) against Android and iOS. If you don't care about having the latest apps and games, the WP8 OS is pretty neat, clean, and easy to use.

Interesting, I've played around with phones at telcos running it and looks pretty good..

Interesting, I've played around with phones at telcos running it and looks pretty good..

They're smooth phones, OS-wise. I love the simplicity of the OS, the live tiles, the ease of use when it comes to texting/calling.

Just an observation... I had the 1st Gen iPhone, the 3GS, the HTC Evo 4G, moved back to the 4S, and then to the HTC One X, and now finally the Galaxy S3. Every single phone has had it's own pros and cons, but the characteristics that stand out for me are the iPhone's smooth UI (Android still cannot match iOS's buttery performance), and Android's ability to modify/change around system settings.

To go back to the subject, BK, I feel like WP8 matches some of iOS's buttery smooth characteristics, which is what some people have picked up on. It's a no-BS "phone" when you need it to be one... something that most of us cannot claim anymore.

Windows phone now are better than it was before.

Has anyone looked into the Xperia Z or ZL? My next phone will probably be that. I kind of like the fact about the waterproof on the Z, but not sure if it will actually protect the phone. But other than that, I like the features on both phones.

Just an observation... I had the 1st Gen iPhone, the 3GS, the HTC Evo 4G, moved back to the 4S, and then to the HTC One X, and now finally the Galaxy S3. Every single phone has had it's own pros and cons, but the characteristics that stand out for me are the iPhone's smooth UI (Android still cannot match iOS's buttery performance), and Android's ability to modify/change around system settings.

Well my first smartphone was a ZTE Smart-Touch running android éclair 2.1 then I had a HTC Wildfire S running 2.3 gingerbread then came a long my iPhone 4S.

Back
Top Bottom