Random Chit Chat

Well no shit.. But 10 years ago, you didn't see on the "media BS news" about a rape and all that everyday. This country is getting worse and worse. Beside the fact that our US military is out in Iran, syria, Iraq or who knows where, killing innocent people and saying its not true.

Not too surprisingly, Media reporting on crime goes up even as crime rates go down. The news reports more and more because that's what keeps people's attention.

I believe I heard a statistic about murder in the states going down about 8%, whereas reporting on murders went up 600% over the same time period.

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Statistically, murder rates are on a significant decline in America (as well as most of the world.) When they're happening less often, people are less accustomed to them, so they end up being seen as more significant when something does happen.

As far as the mass shootings, the media is at least partly to blame for that (in my opinion at least. It's not really quantifiable). The media turns them into a huge deal and make the shooter famous as well as inciting mass panic over something that's statistically very rare. I'm not saying they're causing the shootings at all, but it seems like this would give an already unstable person a bit more incentive to do it.

The thing to remember is that these events are very rare. That's why they're news. If nothing out of the ordinary happens, people don't really care. Thus, you end up seeing a lot more of the bad side than the good when reading the news.

Last edited:
As far as the mass shootings, the media is at least partly to blame for that (in my opinion at least. It's not really quantifiable). The media turns them into a huge deal and make the shooter famous as well as inciting mass panic over something that's statistically very rare. I'm not saying they're causing the shootings at all, but it seems like this would give an already unstable person a bit more incentive to do it.

Couldn't agree more. If you're down and feel like no one cares or even knows your name and you're sick enough to think of doing this kinda thing, all the hype and people remembering your name for years starts to look very nice.

here is something to lighten the mood after all the death talk.

cute-puppy.jpg

cute-puppies-eating.jpg

Yup, I agree it is the Media. I can say this because I face it almost everyday. The international media to be exact; CNN, BBC and similar.

You see, I'm from the Middle East, specifically Saudi Arabia, and the Media for some reason focuses on bad news like 90% of the time, plus, presenting it in a bad way with seemingly bad intentions.

There was one case here (with out much details and ado) that a woman was ra*ed and arrested as she was part of it, even though she was innocent, and was sentenced to punishment. Yup, a victim that was sentenced to punishment, which is wrong by all means.

The Media distributed this. Later on, the case was studied thoroughly as it should be and all charges against the woman were dropped.

The Media completely neglected this good news leaving only suspicion and hatered against Saudi Arabia.

BTW, in relation to what the American Army is doing around the world, some might condemn, lets say, USA, for example, for bombing Hiroshima. The thing is, we shouldn't jump to conclusions about this. I'm not blaming any one or taking sides here, what I'm saying is, we do not know what would be happening to the world now if that bombing did not take place and somehow that war did not end this way. In a twist, Hitler and the Japanese Army those days, with all due respect to fellow Germans and Japanese, might have made the world a worst place. Who knows.

Sorry for my ranting guys. I just don't like the idea that I am hated by anyone for things I personally as an individual didn't do or even believed in.

Fishing in open sea anyone?

Back
Top Bottom