Buying advice for new laptop please

CFu

Baseband Member
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds).

Which brand should I get?
Please help me decide from this list:
ALTERNATE

I heard that IBM ThinkPad is a good and robust brand.
Could you please help me decide which notebook would be suited for my requirements?

I am on a tight budget as well. Classes are starting tomorrow and I am going to be in big problems if I don't fix this issue soon.

My 3 year old HP Probook 4720s broke down (I think) because very regularly (up to the point it's not bearable anymore) I get the two following BSODs:
BSOD: 0xA0000001
BSOD: 116

I tried recovering from my clonezilla image. Didn't help.
I tried switching drivers. Didn't help.
So I am not sure if this is a hardware error but my friend tells me that my video card is fried (my laptop has horrible cooling). Again, that is something I am unsure of. I don't have the time to troubleshoot this and the truth is now I have an unstable machine and I need a stable one for classes.

My university office temporarily provides laptops for students with issues so it's not a permanent solution. I would probably get a laptop for a month or something. At home I also have an older laptop (but makes noise): MSI Vr610 and an old PC (single core 1.99 GHz, 2 GB RAM).

Should I buy a new laptop? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom