Program for entering Info into Access

If he wants to keep is separate, you could make an Access program that is just a form that links to the database on the network via linked tables.

Haha, good luck sticking the pry bar in my wallet! I've been saving all summer for a rifle and I ain't starting again! I just wanted to know if I should do it in VB or something, because he says he wants this application to be touch screen only because you obviously do not want a keyboard on a meat counter lol

Can't blame a guy for trying ;)

You could also consider Excel to design it in?

Excel has forms and VBA which can be rather powerful, and it makes reporting and such like very easy because well it's Excel . . . .

Haha, good luck sticking the pry bar in my wallet! I've been saving all summer for a rifle and I ain't starting again! I just wanted to know if I should do it in VB or something, because he says he wants this application to be touch screen only because you obviously do not want a keyboard on a meat counter lol

If you *should*? Well, you *could*... just as you could do it in near enough any language out there. As to whether VB has some special ability to create forms with large buttons, well, no. It's no different from anything else in this respect (I could knock you up a form with large buttons in *any* graphical framework I've touched.)

I've yet to hear a compelling reason why you don't want to use an access form - you can still use them remotely and the buttons can be as big as you want. You seem to be hell bent on creating a heck of a lot of work for yourself for no reason!

Should I use FreeNAS to host the database? I don't plan to have the database on the computers in the meat processing room and the front counter. What should I do about that?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

If he wants to keep is separate, you could make an Access program that is just a form that links to the database on the network via linked tables.

Thank you! Again this not me, this is my Cuz who wants it seperate! Don't ask me :/

Back
Top Bottom