monitor/tv?

gaz999

Solid State Member
hi all, can anyone give advice about a monitor that plays tv or vice versa?

I've been looking at 24" monitors up to £140 and saw that some had tv as well .
been advised to look for hd with hdmi connections and 1080p but now concerned that i'll need a new graphics card and possibly other stuff.

any suggestions very welcome and especially from persons that already have such a set-up

many thanks in advance------gaz

Whats the specs of your pc and whats it used for?

I currently have my PC connected to my 1080p 37in Samsung TV (and an extended desktop to a little 17in vga lcd monitor) But my PC is mainly for gaming and i have a powerful graphics card (7970HD 3Gb oc'd version)

hi, first reply--- just an ordinary monititor that's also capable of running tv but hopefully in hd 1080p

secondly---- the computer is 1 month shy from 2 years and main uses are --all my phone nos, addresses, few low spec games ie "battle chess"
internet, skype, e-mailing etc and loads of photos, my monitor at present is a flat screen 17" I bought over 8 years ago so nothing cpu intensive

thanks for your replies---gaz

I think you will be fine I run 1080p on a 32in Samsung off of a raspberry pi which is 512m ram and 800mhz. I also use it for my desktop . It runs both with no issues. It may take you a while to get the settings correct but after that you should be good. BUT for the record I have seen cheaper TV's that looked like crap when used as a monitor. I have never used any other TV than my current Samsung.

I saw a 24" tv with all the same connections my 39" emerson has. Sitting down? $158.00 usd. If I wasn't in the market for a GoPro camera I would have snarfed that sucker up.

Back
Top Bottom