site links for software

STICH626

Solid State Member
I was wondering if there is a site where people list their older version of software, like say office 10,
I can get office 365 but I use it so little it's pointless, and office ten would work fine for what I'd use it for, spreadsheets of car service records,
car project spread sheets/etc..
I don't have an office job that requires computer work, so this is just for play and record keeping on project cost..
same with adobe photoshop, pointless for me to get the newest and greatest as a person starting out with a dslr and want to learn.. but the buy in for the latest is 600+
when people upgrade what do they do with the older version..?
I have office 95 lol but that's not gonna run on anything I use now..lol
or is it just a crapshoot and post wanted on sites like this one and hope for the best..
:hide:

don't want torrents and rather a physical disk then just a down load, learned my lesson on that a few years ago and had a h/d take a dump and had to buy the same software again..
if we (wife and I) did enough work that warranted the new office 365 and it's yearly charge I'd be fine with it but .
for keeping records of my hobby projects and car upkeep. it's silly..

@ setishock I'll look into the links on the graphics jobs/photoshop
but I'm a total newbie on that end and will be a big learning curve..
Adobe seems to be the standard, but Again I'm new to all this photo stuff and might as well learn to be able to use the settings on my DSLR
Thanks for the links.. but this one
http://www.gimp.org/ seems to be not working I get "page can't be viewed" maybe they are working on server or something.. I'll try again later..

Last edited:
In terms of Office take a look at Open Office, last time I checked it had a very "Microsoft" feel so makes an each transition.

In regards to Photoshop, check this out . . .
Register for an Adobe account (its free) then visit this link. . . .
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

I'm not sure of the legalities of this, but it appears that Adobe have turned off their activation server for Photoshop CS2 so they are basically saying, here world here is a serial number and download that will work for free?

I was a big fan of OpenOffice.org, until LibreOffice [libreoffice.org] forked it. Now I use LibreOffice instead.

Apart from some Asian font type support -- I assume this won't be an issue for you, LibreOffice is almost perfect.

Both OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice are free. Direct downloads and torrents are available for both.

Back
Top Bottom