Do I have a virus or trojan?

freedom_chuck

Baseband Member
Hi all. I was updating Windows 7 and ended up installing the same 3 updates (for Office) over and over. When I scanned with NOD, it says boot sector - error reading and hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys error opening (on several computers). Do I have a virus or Trojan?
Thanks,
Chuck

Thanks, dale and BL_123. One thing suggests a possible problem, I think; that is I can't update windows. I keep installing the same three Windows (Office) updates over and over. That can't be good.

BK's suggestion is solid, but I'll rant a bit more. :)

Usually when Windows offers the same updates, it's no more than a nuisance. It's just that for some reason Windows failed to register your updates.

Sometimes it can be resolved by complete uninstallation (use a registry cleaner after uninstallation), then reinstallation of the same files with a higher version.

I have experienced this same problem with my grandparents laptop running Vista Business (Vista what do you expect) and it would try to download and install the same update continuously. I don't think its happened for a while that I know of..

Thanks again, dale and BK_123. The thing is, the updates (for MS Office, not Windows, per se) that

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

These updates report as being installed correctly. And I get the exact same thing in two laptops running Office.

I went through your other thread and it seems like you had some trouble with updates for a while now. This is just a random attempt: could you try to uninstall/reinstall the updates without NOD?

Thanks, Dale. I did what you suggested, but it still wants to reinstall Office updates:
KB 2760411
KB 2760588 and
KB 2760583

This is driving me crazy (as if I wasn't crazy enough already).
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom