hey from the netherlands.

zeezeiler99

Baseband Member
hey everyone

my name is Joost, im 14 years old and from the netherlands.
i can have some grammer mistakes in my posts cause im only 14.
i like computers, scripts and epic games.
i can make some scripts, i was just one password away from shutting down the school server :p.
it was my fault cause i let the webmaster update the fire wall :facepalm:
so, i have much of questions for you guys and i hope you can answer them.

greetings

Joost

i can make some scripts, i was just one password away from shutting down the school server :p.
it was my fault cause i let the webmaster update the fire wall
I doubt seriously if you'll get help for that. Welcome anyway.

hey everyone

my name is Joost, im 14 years old and from the netherlands.
i can have some grammer mistakes in my posts cause im only 14.
i like computers, scripts and epic games.
it was my fault cause i let the webmaster update the fire wall :facepalm:
so, i have much of questions for you guys and i hope you can answer them.

greetings

Joost

WELCOME!!! I've always wanted to met a hacker..:cool: Anyways, welcome to CF and enjoy your stay :thumb:

Welcome to cf,
Best not to discuss hacking really. (With caveats explained later)

Though if you really want to play at being a hacker then look at hackthissite.org and www.trytohack.nl is for sale !

If you get stuck on try to hack . Nl then I posted a whole load of level spoilersany years ago here : http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/try2hack-nl-game-117446.html

I think I got bored and/or stuck before properly completing the game though.

Now, regards the rules on hacking, if you think that hacking websites is funny, or dowoading a tool that someone else made to gain acces to a system is funny. Then you're just wrong... And we don't discus that here.

However, if you want to play the games I linked to earlier, there is no reason that they shouldn't be talked about (those are only games)

If you want to discus the possibilities of security holes in software, specifically around what sort of best practices should be involved in guarding against holes, how to remediate the situation then that'd be pretty cool (and belongs in the code section)

Somewhere (towards the very end of the security section dig back many pages) I wrote a short analysis of some buffer overflow attacks that were gained from an apache (v1) server I was in charge of at the time, published the actual exploit along with a brief description of what the code actually did. And how to remediate a similar attack. (Again, reasonably presented information about hacking designed to provide a useful resource against it has mostly always been allowed here)

The truth is. In much the same way that hates gonna hate,

Hackers gonna hack. (Personally I think it's a shame to try to outlaw curiosity and drive people to places where hacking in a bad way is considered great).

You are 14 living in the Netherlands (pretty much the coms hub of Europe, stay away from nefarious hacking, get some white hat skills and knowledge of sec best practices iso27001 pcidss etc, then prepare for a nice life as a security consultant. (It's the newest growth area in the industry).

This is my interpretation of the rules,
I.e hacking - not to be discussed
Intellectual conversation - to be encouraged.

If anyone feels I am wrong in that assertion then say now!

I have this game, Uplink, That is the best game ever, I bet you can use some of those hacking techniques in real life... :DDD

Welcome to cf,
Best not to discuss hacking really. (With caveats explained later)

Though if you really want to play at being a hacker then look at hackthissite.org and www.trytohack.nl is for sale !

If you get stuck on try to hack . Nl then I posted a whole load of level spoilersany years ago here : http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/try2hack-nl-game-117446.html

I think I got bored and/or stuck before properly completing the game though.

Now, regards the rules on hacking, if you think that hacking websites is funny, or dowoading a tool that someone else made to gain acces to a system is funny. Then you're just wrong... And we don't discus that here.

However, if you want to play the games I linked to earlier, there is no reason that they shouldn't be talked about (those are only games)

If you want to discus the possibilities of security holes in software, specifically around what sort of best practices should be involved in guarding against holes, how to remediate the situation then that'd be pretty cool (and belongs in the code section)

Somewhere (towards the very end of the security section dig back many pages) I wrote a short analysis of some buffer overflow attacks that were gained from an apache (v1) server I was in charge of at the time, published the actual exploit along with a brief description of what the code actually did. And how to remediate a similar attack. (Again, reasonably presented information about hacking designed to provide a useful resource against it has mostly always been allowed here)

The truth is. In much the same way that hates gonna hate,

Hackers gonna hack. (Personally I think it's a shame to try to outlaw curiosity and drive people to places where hacking in a bad way is considered great).

You are 14 living in the Netherlands (pretty much the coms hub of Europe, stay away from nefarious hacking, get some white hat skills and knowledge of sec best practices iso27001 pcidss etc, then prepare for a nice life as a security consultant. (It's the newest growth area in the industry).

This is my interpretation of the rules,
I.e hacking - not to be discussed
Intellectual conversation - to be encouraged.

If anyone feels I am wrong in that assertion then say now!
A site team member asking to be moderated :p

Back
Top Bottom