Partitioning error

xxsinexx

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I have an Asus x32 desktop and I have downloaded win7 long time ago and i have partitions of C(800 GB), D (unknown) and E(1TB) my initial computer setup was for E to be my main HDD and now I wanted to use more space of my computer so I tried to get some more space from E

I enabled my E drive by accident and it doesn't have any OS

I considered changing my priorities and I was afraid I might mess up my bios even more...

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go inside my computer without losing any of my files?

Is it possible for me to download windows on E drive so I can go inside and disable it again? Please help

Thank you

Welcome to Computer Forums.

Is this 1 HDD of 2TB partitioned 3 times?

my initial computer setup was for E to be my main HDD and now I wanted to use more space of my computer so I tried to get some more space from E

This part is confusing, So you OS is on C: or E:?

I'm Presuming your OS is on C:

I enabled my E drive by accident

Depending on you meaning of Enable, you cant enable a drive by accident.
If E: was left un-formated (disabled), it would never self format. (NTFS or FAT32 = Enabled), so if you accidental formatted E: and the bios now trys booting to it change your boot priority to C:, You will not loose any data from this.

But i think what your saying is bios thinks E: is your main drive and wont boot to C:
In which case again go into bios and change your boot priority to C:, You will not loose any data from this.

However if C: is corrupt and that is what is causing your pc to boot to E: then i would use a friends PC to back-up you C: drive and try using the original 7 install disk to Start-up Repair or Restore.

I wanted to use more space of my computer so I tried to get some more space from E

Now moving on, If you drive is C:, D: will be the recovery drive, which personally i always put before the C: partition. Once you get into your OS, you will use Disk Management or a software called EASEUS to delete the D: & E: Drive, WARNING only delete the recovery partition if you have made the recovery media or have the original install disk, deleting the drive will destroy all data.

Once the Deletion is complete you will have C:(800GB) Unallocated (1TB).
Simply resize you C: drive to the max capacity.

Hope this helps.
If i haven't understood something correctly please feel free to correct my assumptions.

Thank you very much Jake,

when I went to my bios I had problems understanding which is which because my computer did not call them (E: drive or C:drive) instead it called them with other technical terms such as Sata and things of that nature but I finally was able to login by setting my priorities. However I'm still hung up on how I can use maximum capability of my C drive (btw all your assumptions were correct) and I appreciate you for correcting me. I actually bought this computer for education purposes so I'm not scared to make mistakes but I also have a lot of files installed and I didn't want to lose any data so I will back everything up....

My follow up question

Now, is there a way I can use the maximum capacity without having to load a new OS?

Again, I really appreciate for your suggestions :)

Now, is there a way I can use the maximum capacity without having to load a new OS?

Now your in the OS,

You need to boot Disk Management or a software called EASEUS
.....Disk Managment-> Press Start+R -> Type "diskmgmt.msc"
.....EASEUS -> EASEUS Download
EASEUS is more user friendly and things are better labelled.

easeus.jpg

to delete the D: & E: Drive, WARNING only delete the recovery partition if you have made the recovery media or have the original install disk, deleting the drive will destroy all data.

Once the Deletion is complete you will have C: (800GB) Unallocated (1TB).

Simply resize you C: drive to the max capacity.

easeus2.png

Sorry for bad diagram, but i don't have partitions because there either SSD or Storage drives. So i could physically do it to show you.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom