Not sure if this qualifies for is forum c64?

emperor76

In Runtime
Not sure if this can go in this forum so feel free to remove if you like. I was considering getting the C64 out, I thought the best place to put it is on my desk, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a way to connect it vga?

I think there's still C64 sites around. You can Google 'em and they probably will have an article on using a VGA to the C64.

EDIT: I was a diehard C64 fan. :)

Something like this
chameleon_housing.jpg

I think there's still C64 sites around. You can Google 'em and they probably will have an article on using a VGA to the C64.

EDIT: I was a diehard C64 fan. :)

Thanks, I'll have a look around, it's not really practical having it on the floor in front of the t.v, I loved C64 when I was a kid, but I got a little bit irate after spending all day on Action Biker and losing my last life, I did something which I regretted for some time, I attacked it, it never worked again, in my defense, I was only about 11-12. On the plus side I never attacked a computer again. But then on Ebay earlier this year I found the C64 in the T2 box, just like the one I had with data cassette, most of the Dizzy's and loads of other games. won the bid at £80 including packing/delivery. Admittedly it's currently sat with my other retro computers/consoles on my cupboard.

Interesting. Not too long ago my sis found a complete C64 system at her church rummage sale for $15. That's the C64 that look like the C128, floppy drive and the monitor. Also had a box of floppy disks.

I was pretty excited to play with it but it wasn't the same as before. The software sucked and no fantastic games to get. Also forgot a lot of my programming ability.

I guess I had moved on so I sold it for $30.

Interesting. Not too long ago my sis found a complete C64 system at her church rummage sale for $15. That's the C64 that look like the C128, floppy drive and the monitor. Also had a box of floppy disks.

I was pretty excited to play with it but it wasn't the same as before. The software sucked and no fantastic games to get. Also forgot a lot of my programming ability.

I guess I had moved on so I sold it for $30.

Was it like this one? COMMODORE 64 C64 C COMPUTER Console+Power+Manual Boxed | eBay

This is the model I have

I have had bad luck with boot sales and things, got the older style c64 from one, got it home and it didn't work, I never risked it again, to be fair, mine is in excellent condition, controllers, light gun, quite a few games. I can still enjoy old games, Dizzy is still loads of fun on the C64, the Snes was and still is brilliant, not long finished breath of fire 1 on the snes, still love it. Part of it for me though is I just love collecting retro computers and consoles, I still have a Mega Drive set up in the living room

Back
Top Bottom