Radeon 7950 or GTX 660

After some more research into why people prefer each card I came across this thing called physx, apparently it can make some** games look better on nvidias, but the key word there was some.

But hell, i will admit it also, I am a nvidia fan as the graphics card in my current computer ( Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series) is complete and utter trash, so i tend to prefer other makes. But I'm not going to let my bias get in the way of making a hopefully awesome computer.

Thanks to all your responses!

Yes the Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series is shit.

And yes a nvidia card runs hardware-accelerated PhysX games better than a AMD card, but as long as you have a decent cpu (I5 2500k or better) you'll hardly see a diiference. And its a smll percentage of games anyway.

Its normally dynamic fog and steam, debris and particle effects. So the I5 can handle pretty well.

Apparently you can download the physX for AMD cards, the only difference is that instead of your GPU running it, your CPU runs it.

And I completely agree about mobility HD 5000 cards, this laptop is abysmally shit at graphical stuff, I'm happy if it can load up vlc player never mind a game lol.

I'll admit, I'm an AMD fanboy, but I don't let that cloud my judgement.

True that, Although prefer Intel processors, but if AMD produce a good quality chip and stop trying to fool people with a high GHz i would buy tomorrow, but currently no AMD processors compete with intel.

(not including APU's because that's a different use all together)

Not only is the 7950 more superior to the 660, you have to look ahead to new game titles and who has put the effort in to optimise them.

nVidia have been good for such a long time because they led the market, but with AMD producing some great quality products i believe they have surpassed nVidia.

AMD are normally better value to. When nVidia fanboys get over there 10 year old bad experience they will come to realise. Same with iOS and Android.

Right guys, if your curious I decided to get the Radeon Powercolor PCS+ 7950 (Over clocked version), and I'm happy to report its currently working like a dream in my new system!

Thanks again for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom