First time at building a gaming rig

By the way, is there any way to give myself more internal USB 2.0 motherboard sockets? It seems like everything wants to use one but I only have two. For the current setup I think I need at least two more, is there such thing as a splitter? I have seen a USB 3.0 expansion PCI card with one on but that would be a bit of an awkward way to do it.

That seems good, but am I right in thinking that that would only give me one extra USB header since it requires a header itself? If there was one of those that did four that would be ideal but I can't find one by searching.

0k, cool, that could work then. The second option seems a bit messy and I could unplug it by mistake.

By the way, does anyone know how I can make an internal USB 3.0 plug stay in the header (without gluing it, obviously). The damn thing falls out whenever I move the computer. It's not a major problem but the slightest movement seems to knock it out of place.

Guys, I've got a really big problem. I'm typing this on a friend's laptop because a few days ago the new computer started freezing up. For a week or so it has been freezing up for a few seconds on the user login page but then it would be 0k, but now it has started doing this thing where a few seconds after I log in the mouse pointer turns into the 'busy in background' version and the computer locks up solid. There are no popups or anything.

The only thing I have done out of the ordinary was installing a friend's two or three year old Nividia graphics card to play games, and that worked fine for days. Can anyone tell me what this might be? :/ The graphics card is a MSI NX8600GT.

*Edit*

Ok, I'm also worried about this laptop as it posted that last thing in the middle of me typing it and restarted, but thanks, I'll give it a go.

why are you installing that card? Your cpu has a built in Gpu that is better than that thing. lol

It has an integrated Intel HD graphics 4660.

Last edited:
The inbult graphics are pretty good without the card but it won't run anything 3D at all - it just gives me an error saying no 3D capability detected. Everything seems to be working 0k at the moment with this card, though, now that I've reinstalled.

Back
Top Bottom