Linux OS

First off, nice name :)

Second, I personally like Kubuntu. They take all the great parts of Ubuntu (debian based) and add the KDE interface for some stunning visuals and effects. Try it out in a virtual machine and I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Best part of linux is once you know what you are doing you can make it do what you want. "looks best" is pretty subjective. some like KDE some like XFCE some like LXDE, some like Gnome Shell some like Enlightenment and there are plenty more. I recommend Linux Mint to new users it comes with all the plugins and codecs. I personally use straight up Debian with Gnome Shell,I have used it for 10+ years now and it does everything I need. Burn a few live cd's and see what you like. check out distrowatch.com great source for locating distros.

How do I burn "live CDs"? I guess more like where? Or where can I get a VMware player? And the ISOs for the Linux systems?

Last time I played with Ubuntu, I dual booted it with windows 7, and it corrupted my windows system. I had to do a fresh install to fix all the problems. Soooo lets play with something else this time haha

Well if you have an old computer around not being used I'd use that as a test PC for things like that and that way it won't corrupt your files on your main computer..

Last time I played with Ubuntu, I dual booted it with windows 7, and it corrupted my windows system. I had to do a fresh install to fix all the problems. Soooo lets play with something else this time haha

It is easily done.....if you aren't careful. Windows 7 = Garbage.

Windows 7 = Garbage

Ummm... No?

It has it's flaws, sure, but name a single other operating system that can be applied as ubiquitously as the Windows operating platform?

While you're looking for that, name another worldwide product that performs exactly as intended without breaking over any amount of time and each production is flawless.

I'll wait.

Ummm... No?

It has it's flaws, sure, but name a single other operating system that can be applied as ubiquitously as the Windows operating platform?

While you're looking for that, name another worldwide product that performs exactly as intended without breaking over any amount of time and each production is flawless.

I'll wait.

How much Linux coding is in Windows now???. How many lawsuits have Mircosoft have against them due to them stealing other peoples coding and programming???

How many people(who know WHAT THEY ARE DOING?) use Internet Explorer anymore?

If I remember rightly I think 9 out of the 10 World's fastest super computers use Linux.

OSX is a Unix/Linux hybrid operating system. Same thing for the iPhone as well.

The Android OS uses all Linux coding.

How many people have iPhones and Android phones now????

Back
Top Bottom