Toshiba satelite pro a300

H burch

Solid State Member
Hey, wierd problem.
A friend had this and it died one day and wiped the hdd. When I got it
It wouldn't let me install windows but I could Linux. It also was a bit iffy booting. Took couple of attempts before hdd kicked in but then ok. Now however it won't boot at all. Power lights come as does fan and DVD drive but no display or hdd. Hae tried changing hdd But same problem. Had idea may need cmos resetting but couldn't Locate way to do this. Had it completely apart and nothing obviously wrong such as burnt out looking components. So I'm stuck. Any one come across this kind of thin before or any ideas,
Thanks guys

When you say that you cannot get anything to display on the screen have you tried connecting an external monitor up to see if anything will appear on there?

The hdd didn't boot for a couple of attempts, was informed hdd failed initially so went with that. Even when display did work wouldn't let me install windows. Wil try another monitor but pretty sure not that. Issue never with display. The memory and hdd worked fine when ingot it. Just never worked as whole.

Couldn't get screen shots, just died and restarted every time, with windows 7 and vista. Tested ram and is fine

Back
Top Bottom