Monitor not working

Well the monitor won't even display that its not getting input even if I have the computer unplugged, its acting different even when not connected to the computer

If you have a laptop you can connect the monitor to it. And test it or you can connect your desktop to a tv if it has a VGA input, and if it does the same you might have a ram problem.

I will be able to test it tomorrow, what was that RAM problem you mentioned I heard about while searching for a solution but didn't find out what it was. I have 2 ram sticks in dual channel totaling 8gigs but Vista 32 only uses 4 max so I could take one out.

Just remove the sticks off ram 1 by 1 to see if any off them are damage and check if the monitor works, either way remove all the ram from the place and then just put them back sometimes that's all it takes.

If you want a program to diagnose the ram just download hirens boot cd, it's a real handy cd. Good luck let us know how it goes.

It seems it was the monitor, tested it with a labtop and still nothing. Its an LCD and I turned it on in pitch black and the screen didn't light up at all, also it makes a weird 'tuh' sound every few seconds very quietly. So yay its the monitor I needed a new one anyway! But unfortunately I'll be a while in getting the new one so only tablet gaming for now. But thanks everyone for all the help!

If it was a good monitor I would. Like I said its about 7 years old 1280x1024p (Actually doesn't seem that low though) its about 14inx14in (its square) And its got marks all over the screen from when my little coursin drew on it with a marker, oh and it has a 16ms response time, terrible for gaming for I'm glad to let it go.

Back
Top Bottom