First time at building a gaming rig

the gigabyte 7970 vs the amp 770? or the gigabyte 770 vs the amp 770?

really, the differences between any of them is minimal. but the 770 is a newer card and slightly better, but is more expensive.

Last edited:
0k then, I may get the gigabyte or the amp 770 then.

By the way, one thing that has been really getting on my nerves is the Asus motherboard widget. I haven't been able to see if it is hidden in modern games yet but it still shows up in some old one. Is there any way to get rid of it as it is already wasted space?

yeah probably uninstall it in the add/remove program list or just disable it starting in msconfig start up list.

and make sure you turn off that Network iControl as it will limit your upload on wired connection (my mate had a nightware with his as we didnt know Network iControl was even turned on)

Really? Those buggers.... Well, I am using the built in wireless antenna rather than a modem cable, would it affect that?

Unfortunately I can't work out how to uninstall the widget without uninstalling the whole control panel as well, and I don't want to do that as it regulates the power consumption of the board and gives me control of a lot of stuff.

No it doesnt affect the wireless connection, thats why it took me so long to fix it lol.

Ahh so you want to use the application just not see the widget. Isnt there just an X that you can click and it disappears, leaving the app running? As the comodo and AVG ones do.

As far as I can see it doesn't, not one I can find anyway. If anyone knows where it might be that would be awesome. The widget's only function is to tell me what power mode my computer is in and get in the way constantly. It is extremely arrogant of them to design it to be 'always on top' - it's like having a patch of dead pixels I can move about.

if you right mouse button on it, does it give you a menu to change setting? My msi one has an auto hide feature and is top centre of the screen. my mate has the asus one, i'll check what has done with it.

I've been clicking on this thing almost every day since I noticed it and the only thing I can do is change the power mode, and that's only happened today. Other than that this thing is completely inert.

It's attached to a full control centre but I've looked all over it and I can't find a toggle button other than stuff like Celsius\Fahrenheit, or a full settings menu.

Back
Top Bottom