Wanting A "Gaming" Computer

i already picked out ideas for parts on the first page, building a PC is like lego. Its pretty easy.

regarding the amd processors being better than the I5, that would be a no. and it doesnt overclock better either due to the low max recommended temp.

rowcon when you say it overclocks like a dream, what are you getting out of it? (ghz, temps etc)

but also be careful as there are 4 generations of i5 and it could be an older one. also that one on ebay is shit. (due to cheapy psu etc)

Last edited:
first off, move from League of Legends to Dota2 (free on steam) it is a little harder but is much better when you get in to it.

Ill source these parts and prices from novatech, although you might find them slightly cheaper if you look around. (but the customer service from novatech is excellent)

4th gen z87 asus mobo £105

4th gen I5 4670k £190

G.Skill ddr3 1600mhz 8gb £55

seagate 1tb 7200rpm hdd £50

Samsung dvd £14

Novatech 600w modular psu £55

how much is that all together? lol

(edit) £468.92.
so 131.08 left to get a case and a GPU (although the built-in gpu on the I5 will play LoL.)

You would need a mid atx case (£50-£80) Example

And a radeon 7850 hd £139

like this?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

so you need to save about another £60.

but that would pretty much ultra most games.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

or you could go the AMD route and change the z87 for the 990x £77

and the I5 for the piledriver £154

and the other cheaper option

Back
Top Bottom