First time at building a gaming rig

the 780's are around £530, the 680's are £350ish??? if he's gonna give u a 780 for a 680 price i'll have one to......

If your going to SLI (get two) then the two 760's are more bang for your buck.

But id get a 770 over the 680

Where did you buy it from?

Ah sorry, I got confused, they aren't selling them for £350 suddenly. :p He was talking about a different card I can't remember the name of. But yes, I got it from Novatech, they say they are sending a parselforce courier to pick it up tomorrow.

0k, I have been talking with Novatech about the card I'll be getting to replace the dead one and I thought I would ask you about the ones they offered me (This is all including VAT):

MSI GTX 760 for £210 - £250

MSI GTX 770 for £320 - £360

AMD 7970 for £260- £300.

What do you guys think? I don't really want to order the same ZOTAC again in case it was a problem with the whole batch but I am willing to up my budget a little if you think it is necessary.

Last edited:
yeah Novatech are really good if you have a problem they'll help you sort it.

I have the gigabyte 7970 an it is an amazing card, see the review at the bottom, thats but some of the gtx770's are slightly better. The zotac amps being the best, but i understand you dont want to take the risk again but the other one was a 760 not 770.

To be honest I think I'm tempted towards the 770 amp, though I have been told by you guys that it isn't worth the extra money.

i personally think the AMPs are worth the money as are the gigabytes, the gigabytes are cool due to the three fan cooling, so you can overclock even further( I have that 7970 one). And i think sapphires are always over priced.

Ok, so if it was just a straight choice between the 770 amp vs Gigabyte, which do you think I would be better off getting?

Back
Top Bottom