Random Chit Chat

So, I was browsing earlier, and found this embedded in one of the webpages.

My immediate thought was that it seems suspicious as hell, but cox's website confirmed it actually was from them. They've been hijacking bad DNS requests for years, but actually modifying the requested webpage seems a bit extreme to me. This also means they've been monitoring traffic to determine whether the virus is present. It seems a bit surprising they can legally do this, but then again, ISPs do pretty much have free reign in America. I really don't have a problem with them notifying users of viruses, but this system seems rather exploitable. Also, after a quick google search, it seems they're using it for other, less important things like bugging users to replace their modem (for a fee, of course.)

Also, Windows 7's handling of multiple keyboard layouts is driving me insane. For some reason, you can't just have a systemwide setting that switches between the two like Mac OS. Instead, it assigns a layout to each individual process. I have to change the layout again every time I open a new chrome tab. Then when I set it back to qwerty so someone else can use it, they'll randomly start getting dvorak tabs for the next week or so. Really annoying. Apparently it's fixed in Windows 8 though.

How could it NOT be great? it's a $50 project PC...!

I like it :) Got minecraft Pi installed on it last night and lost some of my life to that lol

Minecraft can be very addictive some times..

I almost never play normal minecraft anymore I play feed the beast which is like tekkit. I don't play single player anymore though it got very boring to play alone

I don't game as much as I used to I just have so many other things to do now. I almost never game anymore mostly due to not having money to spare on games and the time to play. Man growing up sucks lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom