Outlook 2010 - Accidentally checked manually configure server settings

Graathor

Solid State Member
Hello outlooks pros - I made a dumb mistake and outlook wont let me go back!

Im trying to set up my outlook account, and without thinking (didn't have my morning coffee) checked "manually configure server settings" when I first opened outlook. Keep in mind that I am on a VM on campus, and the IT admins arnt back until the start of september.

My friend was easily able to link his e-mail with outlook with just the automatic settings, so I'd like to just take a step back and do that if I can!

Where I am at now:

I do not know the exchange server that the campus is running their mail off of, and a google search came up with nothing. I tried to guess a few exchange servers to no avail. Outlook refuses to let me into the settings without setting up an exchange server that works! I get a message that says "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.". and when I push OK, outlook closes and just does the same thing when I start it again.

TLDR;
Is there a way I can go back and chose to automatically set up the server settings for outlook after accidently pushing "manually configure server settings"?

THANKS!

Which campus?

Feel free to PM or ignore this question altogether if it is too personal (I imagine it could be for some). :)

Hey Dale, currently im taking the Computer Systems Technology Program at Siast in Saskatchewan, Canada - it's okay, you've never heard of it ;)

Back to my issue, I cant simply restart the process, outlook is stuck in an infinite loop trying to get me to manually set up the exchange server... im just wondering how I can go back and start the automatic process again

Easy enough to do (or should be)

Close outlook completely.

In the control pannel there should be an option for mail/email, open it.

Assuming no other email addresses are configured for outlook delete your user profile on the screen that pops up and any inboxes it might have configured (should be none, but you never know) then click OK.

Now when you re-open outlook it should restart the entire process.

To piggyback on cele's post:

If you close Outlook and get an error that you cannot delete your profile, run the task manager and kill OSPPSVC.exe. This runs in tandem with Office products and isn't always terminated upon exit, and will prevent modification of the Outlook profiles.

Hey Dale, currently im taking the Computer Systems Technology Program at Siast in Saskatchewan, Canada - it's okay, you've never heard of it ;)
If for some reason you still need to figure out the server, perhaps you could try using mail1.siast.sk.ca and/or mail.siast.sk.ca as your server.

Back
Top Bottom