Hardware advice

bulletbacon

Beta member
Hey,

Im looking for hardware advice on my current system.
Specs:
491f96c5b32869117b1d78f1da53ffe1.png

Power:ModXStream Pro 500W

I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and potentially RAM and wondered what people would recommend?
Budget around £300-400

what would you suggest then and how much would it cost? I would prefer to spend less to be honest. It hard to know what to get there's so much out there to you can get.

Look friend, the CPU is out of production.
The 775 socket is obsolete.
DDR2 ram is obsolete also. It's getting to cost more than DDR3 ram. Makers are trying to phase it out.
The DVD is an ATA device rarely if any supported on modern boards.

The only things worth keeping are the GTX650 vid card and the hard drive. The rest is EOL and obsolete. Not worth trying to upgrade. Don't waste your money.
Like jaq6on is telling you, build one. Take the PSU, hard drive, vid card, and the case and make your own. And that's for the same amount you'd piss away on that old system.

* edited post above. the graphics card you have would still be fine, only needs replacing if you want to play newer games.

Thanks for the replies I think your right. If i kept the graphics card would that build you suggested play a lot of the new games and last me? Im not bothered about playing in full settings just want a nice smooth game my graphics card seems to be the only thing keeping the computer going with the newer games

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies I think your right. If i kept the graphics card would that build you suggested play a lot of the new games and last me? Im not bothered about playing in full settings just want a nice smooth game my graphics card seems to be the only thing keeping the computer going with the newer games

You'd want at least i5 CPU to play newer games with very good gameplay and maybe as others said a new GPU.

The GTX 650 is still a potent card. if you recycle the case, PSU GPU and drives, you could upgrade the RAM, CPU and motherboard, giving yourself a solid foundation.

Thanks for the advice.

Just been looking at different processors and motherboards. I know for a motherboard to be compatible with a processor it has to have the right socket is there anything that ram needs to be compatible with the motherboard?? Do I need to get a new dvd drive? and is there anything i need worry about with the hard drive being compatible?

Are these good value you for money and would they be compatible with each other?

RAM:
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Memory Kit.. | Ebuyer.com

CPU:
Intel Core i5 3470 3.20GHz Socket 1155 6MB L3 Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 7.1.. | Ebuyer.com

Back
Top Bottom