Looking For A AntiVirus Program

1.I am looking for a different AntiVirus Program and would like to know which is the best one out there. I have looked at AVG, AVAST, VIPRE and I just had NORTON and I would like to know which one is the very best one?

2. Also is it safe to go with a FREE AntiVirus Program?

3. Out of the ones that I have chosen which one does the most for your dollar?

4. Are they ALL the same and do they do they give you the same protection?

I am looking at there best package.

1. Norton is crap (I'd scarcely call it anti-virus, it's more bloatware). Best I've used it Avast!

2. Usually better than having a paid for one.

3. A free one, obviously. (AVG, Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials)

4. Depends. Most businesses prefer McAfee or Norton as they allow for some level of centralization. However, for the home user, these are usually unnecessarily resource-heavy and expensive. I'd feel safer running Avast! or AVG over any other AV program.

If you're willing to pay, I would hands down go with Bitdefender. Easily one of the best out there. I love the fact I can configure silent scans in the background and let the AV do it's job, without me having to tell it a thing. Not to mention the processing is low, and has a number of additions like registry cleaners etc.

An anti virus program should not do anything other than protect against viruses. Adding more dohickys to it just waters down its performance.

Back
Top Bottom