graphics card

wahowee

Baseband Member
hello masters,

just curious, my son loves to play high graphics games e.i. battlefield, crysis... and he always sets the graphics settings to high coz he loves the effects and stuff. will this strain the graphics card or the computer? will it have a bad effect on my computer in the future?

Computer parts are not meant to last forever. In the case of graphics cards, you are looking at replacing them in the ballpark of five to seven years.

It is a greater waste to have good graphics card and not use it, than to use it, have fun with it, and have a great, entertaining five years.

In any case, your graphics card is more likely to be replaced because you want a better graphics card, and not because you are running games at high settings and so ruined the card. They are designed to be durable.

In short, please don't worry about it and enjoy the card. :)

thanks for the reply dale. good point man. i'm gonna change it probably in 3 years to cope with newer games, so i think you're right. ill let it perform its full potential.

Have fun and go wild! :D

If you are still a bit worried though, take the temperature of the GPU. You don't need to be worried if it's below 80°C (and it typically can withstand more than 100°C, so don't worry about spikes).

bah! im gonna abuse it. haha. dont want my son enjoying all the fun now, do i... hahahaha
but i'll check temp by and by. thanks again dude.

Baby steps if you go that route. Stomping the gas pedal to the firewall is sure to crisp it. You only notch it up enough to improve performance.

Back
Top Bottom