AT&T Modem help

Southrnaxplyr47

Beta member
Alright I have looked online and have gotten zero answers to what I need to know. I was recently given a Motorola NVG510 modem. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it could possibly be a U-verse modem. I currently am using a 2wire modem on my connection. I tried connecting the new modem to my network and it reads that it has internet connection, but when i try to actually access the internet it takes me to the same page as 192.168.1.254. I've looked through all the settings in the modem and find nothing of help. Long story short, I'm wondering if it won't work correctly because it is not the correct type of modem or if there is something I'm skipping over. Thank you for any help in advance. And if this is just stupid of me to ask/try or if I'm not posting in the correct forum..my apologies.

Does it look like this?
attachment.php

I attached a file with a picture of it. I'm on my cell at the moment so I don't know if it just shows up in my post.

Attachments

• IMG_20130809_223539_285.jpg
    IMG_20130809_223539_285.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
You have to have the AT&T U-verse service. Those are custom made for AT&T to work on a 4 wire network connection.
How you hooking it up to the outside world?

Well unfortunately I do not have U-verse. Just standard 6 mbps DSL. The 2wire modems are just such garbage, I really wanted this to be able to work. The 2wire constantly loses its connection. I can be in the middle of doing something online and get an error page saying that the modem doesn't detect a DSL signal and 13 seconds later it will say problem resolved please restart your browser. So frustrating!

Do you have the DSL filter plugged in to the phone jack, then the DSL modem plugged in to that? If you don't when the phone rings or some one picks up a handset the DSL connection will drop out. The filter filters out the phone line part of the DSL connection.

We actually don't even have a land line, just the DSL. To my knowledge there isn't s filter on it now though. There was when we did have a land line but I think I remember taking it off afterwards trying to fix it from giving us that page. But we have a 360 that can stay connected continuously. Actually thinking about it now, it could just be the wireless that makes it have that error..but that still doesn't help anything.

Back
Top Bottom