Comments On Build

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi guys. So I am wanting build my own PC down the track once I have the money and I've come up with this build PC Case Gear. I'd like any comments or suggestions you have :)

I wouldnt personally build a PC with 3rd gen when 4th gen is only a few dollars more..
I also hate win 8 but hey hoo.....lol
I would choose G.skill over corsair (its cheaper)
Recommend getting at least 120gb ssd and a slightly bigger PSU.

Love the case. but it all looks good.

I wouldnt personally build a PC with 3rd gen when 4th gen is only a few dollars more..
I also hate win 8 but hey hoo.....lol
I would choose G.skill over corsair (its cheaper)
Recommend getting at least 120gb ssd and a slightly bigger PSU.

Love the case. but it all looks good.

I am only going for a 3rd gen rig because they are a bit cheaper and I don't care about getting the best performance with a new CPU, This won't be running real gpu or cpu intense games or programs.

I love it, I might set Windows 7 up as well in a dual boot.
Changed, I went with gskill Ares as its better.
Bigger SSD, Went with 128GB.

I seen that case some where and I just wanted it only because of the hard drive bit on top, I was debating about going with this Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Case [TWELVE-HUNDRED] - $199.00 : PC Case Gear, or this one CoolerMaster CM Storm Stryker Case [SGC-5000W-KWN1] - $185.00 : PC Case Gear

Last edited:
I think the primary reason to get a 4th gen over the 3rd gen is to have an upgrade path. The current Intel platform uses an LGA-1150 whereas the 3rd gen chips drop into LGA-1155, which is now a dead platform. The best CPU you could possibly put in there is the 3770K. Any real upgrade would necessitate you changing your motherboard.

NIce coolermaster case. I am i sucker for Coolermaster cases.

i agree with Ja6on about getting 4'th generation I5/I7.
i know you say you don't care about the extra performance.... which i don't understand.... but think about the future.
it will be more future prof and it uses less power so it will also positively impact your total power draw. go with the 4'th generation.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

also agree with Ohsnapworld.

you really should get an up to date CPU.
you are gonna regret it later if you don't.

I've put in a 3770K. What I mean by performance is I am going to be running games or doing videos and expecting high fps. Now what's a good keyboard and mouse that's cheap but looks good?

I am going for a UPS and what's a good brand UPS

I asked a friend what he thought and he said I'd have issue with the ram because of clearance issues.

Last edited:
I asked a friend what he thought and he said I'd have issue with the ram because of clearance issues.

It would be silly for a memory card maker to make cards even with heat spreaders on them that would not fit side by side.
Where's you CPU cooler?

It would be silly for a memory card maker to make cards even with heat spreaders on them that would not fit side by side.
Where's you CPU cooler?

Thought I already did, I've selected the cool master hyper evo 212. What do you think of my case and mobo?

Back
Top Bottom