Which graphics card to get for my system?

chris0276

Baseband Member
I have an old Dell Dimension E310 desktop computer. I don't know anything about the mother board, except that it's 2.8ghz Pentium 4, but I was wondering which graphics card is compatible with my system? The Dell website only gives recommendations for RAM sticks but nothing about graphics cards. How can I find out? Thanks.

Last edited:
Man that thing has got some mileage on it.
The sites don't display right because, like my site, they are for higher resolution and larger screens. Older systems didn't have the video resolution to see them correctly.

Man that thing has got some mileage on it.
The sites don't display right because, like my site, they are for higher resolution and larger screens. Older systems didn't have the video resolution to see them correctly.

My computer is from 2005. Should I upgrade RAM and graphics card, or just invest in a new computer?

i'll say new computer.
that system is 8!!!! years old. that's a lot when talking about technology.

that should help with everything. ½gb is pathetic for almost any modern OS.

If you are only using the computer for internet and emails, then you should check out a lighter operation system like Lubuntu. it's gonna make the computer feel 2 years newer even without adding the RAM. And when adding that extra RAM you are gonna see miles difference in performance.

Back
Top Bottom