Need help with choosing case!

pAULB123

Solid State Member
I am getting a gaming PC built and I need the the best performance, quietness and the easiest way to swap out parts. I am deciding whether to get a 350d or 650d. I am not too tech savvy so i need the best one to swap out parts in the future, so the 650d would have lots of room for me to learn in. My build is:

Front USB3.0 Audio No PSU [CC-9011029-WW]
XFX 650W XXX Edition
Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 mATX
Intel Core i7 4770K Unlocked Quad Core 3.5GHZ Processor
8MB Cache Retail
H100i Corsair Liquid Cooler
Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series
MSI GeForce GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr IV
2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E 3.0 Video Card
(BB41) Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5in 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid StateDrive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
(AA63) Samsung SH-224DB 24X SATA DVD Writer Black [
nGear USB 3.0 ack [NG-35INT-CR-USB3]
Corsair Air Series SP120
Please help!:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Sorry for saying the the but i hope you understand. I want to know. 350D OR 650D.

Antec P280

attachment.php

3> 5.25 bays
6> Hard drive bays with floating drive brackets
2> 2.5 SSD bays
9> Card slots bays
3> 120mm fans come installed with mounts for 4 more
1> Filtered air intake for power supply
1> Filtered air intake in front
Deep enough to accommodate Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO tower cooler
Long enough to accommodate 13" video card
Wired for USB 3.0 sockets in front
Double jointed front cover door
Sound deadening layered construction

Solid built. Plenty of interior room. Reasonable price. Antec P280 Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
Oh yeah, If you want this baby to make you wonder if it's running or not, switch out the fans that come in it for some of these. COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation (Black) - Newegg.com

Plus the Antec is 109.00 while the Corsair is 199.00. You'll save 90 smackers you can use some where else.

If you want something with a little more aggressive styling, you could get the 1100. It is basically the same chassis as the P280 but with a different front fascia, right side panel and window panel.

Antec - Eleven Hundred

Nice, but to me what's sad is right smack in the middle of the window you have 2 fan mounts. Kinda defeats having a window don't it?

You probably dont need the water cooler, a good air cooler will be fine (cm 212 hyper evo) with the modern chips its not really required. save you some dollars.

Id change the ram to G Skill, its also a few dollars cheaper.

can i ask whats the advantage of the sniper board for a gamer? it looks like its aimed at media/business users (2xhdmi etc) asus mobo

and dont buy the retail I7 get the oem (without the basic cooler fan)

Last edited:
Nice, but to me what's sad is right smack in the middle of the window you have 2 fan mounts. Kinda defeats having a window don't it?

It depends on your tastes. I like the fan mounts as a means of introducing cool air directly to the GPU. Air that come sin the front is first warmed a bit by the hard drive(s) before getting to the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom