I can't get Pidgin to recognize two plugins I downloaded and installed

AveMaria

Solid State Member
Hey everyone. I cannot get Pidgin to recognize two plugins that I downloaded and installed. The one is an Encryption utility that encrypts your messages and the other is Guifications. I downloaded and installed them but it doesn't show up in the plugins list so I can't configure them. Please help. I tried looking on the Pidgin help site but couldn't find anything to help me. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Here's my system information:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4863 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9100, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 599384 MB, Free - 550182 MB; D: Total - 10992 MB, Free - 1649 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, VIOLET6
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Do you have to use Pidgin? I used it fine for an extended period of time on Xubuntu and Linux Mint, but could not get it to work the way I want it to work on Windows 7. I've given up. This is not a solution for you, too, but I hope to save you some time.

Do you have to use Pidgin? I used it fine for an extended period of time on Xubuntu and Linux Mint, but could not get it to work the way I want it to work on Windows 7. I've given up. This is not a solution for you, too, but I hope to save you some time.

I strongly prefer to use Pidgin because it has the encryption. If there were another multi-service instant messenger program that is free and has encryption I would use it instead.

Back
Top Bottom