How Much are they worth

AstuteBee

Baseband Member
I have 4 server related products a Smartswitch 2200,Sun Ultra 5,Sun Sparkserver 20,Sun Sparkstation 20,Sun Cd drive,2 sun keyboards,2 sun mice,Another Smartswitch 2200 and 3 Ethernet cables.On eBay sun ultras sell for 200 but I just want to be sure before selling all this stuff

You might want to research a bit more, but anyway, for a basic idea: SmartSwitch 2200 at ~150 ea. (USD); Ultra 5, could try for ~400 first; SPARCstation 20, ~1200; I imagine the same for SPARCserver 20, so ~1200. If someone's willing to give you ~3k for everything, take it.

In the old days to get faster speeds and more processor power, they resorted to multiple cpu's. In modern systems you'll find some have dual processors. But most I've seen only have one. Modern server CPU chips are smarter, more powerful, and able to handle seriously heavy work loads.

There are only about 12 of them on eBay most of them for around 300 and most of them are in bad shape or of missing a hdd which mine don't plus I have two switches etc i think since there rare the SparcServer being the most rare it would get at least 1000 since they used to be around 26.000 and only rich company's had them and if they did only in little quantity and they place that I bought the computers was a vintage computer sale that was giving the money to a widow whose husband had all the computers apple 2s commadores,etc

Your market will be developers working on compatibility issues (e.g., SS-20 for sun4m kernel architecture) and old computer enthusiasts. Not a big market, but it does exist.

Back
Top Bottom